WTF Post interesting/funny/odd things about yourself - NOW FULL OF ICK

whats the point of an applicator?
"Tampon applicators may be made of plastic or cardboard, and are similar in design to a syringe. The applicator consists of two tubes, an "outer," or barrel, and "inner," or plunger. The outer tube has a smooth surface to aid insertion and sometimes comes with a rounded end that is petalled."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampon

Im guessing you push it through the end while pulling the applicator out

whats the point of an applicator?
:lol:
"Tampon applicators may be made of plastic or cardboard, and are similar in design to a syringe. The applicator consists of two tubes, an "outer," or barrel, and "inner," or plunger. The outer tube has a smooth surface to aid insertion and sometimes comes with a rounded end that is petalled."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampon

Im guessing you push it through the end while pulling the applicator out

To simplify this.... the applicator is there so us girls don't have to shove cotton up our pussies with our fingers. It helps keep the fingers on the outside of the body instead of playing with ourselves by putting our fingers deep inside to put the tampon where it belongs.

It's cotton. Without the applicator it would get smushed when you try to insert it. With the applicator, it retains the shape it needs to properly absorb.
Nah, they are hard pressed cotton. You can definitely put it in without the applicator.

Nah, they are hard pressed cotton. You can definitely put it in without the applicator.

Depends on the tampon. The ones that are usually in cardboard applicators are mushier IMO, and wouldn't go in well. Plastic ones are varied IMO. Then there are applicator free ones that are very tight and don't lose form pretty much at all.

Yeah, can you tell I've used pretty much every brand and type out there? :lol:

To add to your answer - applicators help guide the tampon in. For some they are easier to insert properly and I can kind of see it. I started with applicator free brands so I never found them necessary.

Last edited:
I tried OB because they're applicator-free, but I could never get them to settle right. With the Pearls, it always hits its mark so I don't have to pull the fresh one out and put a new one in. SO MUCH ANGER when I waste one because it didn't go in right. But if it's not in right, you feel it constantly. Ugh.