Pics Poost ye dagz.

He's just a BABY!!!!! He's definitely not staying "Blue" - phonetically my wife's maiden name is Blue(French) and she says hell no. her sister did that - is rather dumb "come here blue-blue". According to the 'Net, Scout is #1 male Heeler name, with Ranger close behind. I'm kinda feeling it for "come'on Ranger-Danger!" :)
Scout is a perfect name for my guy because he do be scouting on our hikes. Wish I had pictures of him when he was younger like that.

You're in for a fun few years.

I've met a Ranger, not a heeler. Another name along similar lines is "Pilot" but that is better suited to big dogs because Jane Eyre.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
See, getting old isn't so bad - I'm still as excited as a 5 year old over the whole thing.
Scout is a perfect name for my guy because he do be scouting on our hikes. Wish I had pictures of him when he was younger like that.

You're in for a fun few years.

I've met a Ranger, not a heeler. Another name along similar lines is "Pilot" but that is better suited to big dogs because Jane Eyre.
I really like Scout but I think I have she-who-shall-not-be-challenged convinced on Ranger. "Ranger Danger, do you hear a stranger?" Since we have to wait a week we have agreed we will wait to see/hold the baby before giving it a name.
Oh, I am SO looking forward to hiking with him. Plus we have one of these that is gathering dust - so much fun for both of us.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
See, getting old isn't so bad - I'm still as excited as a 5 year old over the whole thing.

I really like Scout but I think I have she-who-shall-not-be-challenged convinced on Ranger. "Ranger Danger, do you hear a stranger?" Since we have to wait a week we have agreed we will wait to see/hold the baby before giving it a name.
Oh, I am SO looking forward to hiking with him. Plus we have one of these that is gathering dust - so much fun for both of us.

Def gonna pick up something like that when we get a lap dog for the wife when we buy a house in the next 6 months or so with a doggy door going to our screened in pool. Hopefully little guy will retrieve.

• Gravy
It is nice - wonder how it will all pan out once the color change is settled in. Apparently Blue Heelers are born all white?
I'm leaning toward "Sonic" but I better not tempt fate by trying to press that on the lady. Yet.

How about 2 face and you can call him tooey for short.

• Gravy
@AppleTurkey got me an Embark DNA test for Scout for Christmas, and we're finally starting to see results come back.

Still waiting on final analysis (for breed breakdown), but found out that Scout has one copy of the gene for MDR-1 (which is the same gene that I suspect made chewie so susceptible to the chemo treatments) and one copy of the gene for degenerative myelopathy.

Neither of those guarantee that she'll exhibit the symptoms for either condition (they just mean she's a genetic carrier, not necessarily expressive), but it is good information for the vet to have for down the road.

@AppleTurkey got me an Embark DNA test for Scout for Christmas, and we're finally starting to see results come back.

Still waiting on final analysis (for breed breakdown), but found out that Scout has one copy of the gene for MDR-1 (which is the same gene that I suspect made chewie so susceptible to the chemo treatments) and one copy of the gene for degenerative myelopathy.

Neither of those guarantee that she'll exhibit the symptoms for either condition (they just mean she's a genetic carrier, not necessarily expressive), but it is good information for the vet to have for down the road.
Yeah I've seen it said that people get so caught up on the genetics they treat unnecessarily.