Pics Poost ye dagz.

DId the application, gave the personal references, listed the 3(sibs) were were interested in, in order of interest. Agreed to pay the $350 fee and take a 1 hour "class". Basically watch a video and swear an oath :)
Neander - sounds like the biggest, I like the even coloration and his longer legs. I assume he'll be able to keep up :) They say well behaved and attentive.
Nysa - girl, super sweet markings, all white face with a black "feather" to side of each eye. Sounds smart but not troublesome. She looks like a smart chick in her pics, just needs some glasses.
Novak - boy. He looks great but they say he is a sneaky bastard who will constantly try to trick you, whether food, trying to slip away,etc. Not sure about that one.

Supposedly we get call tomorrow. THanks babe. Hope you are doing good & better.

Up to date on all shots. Spayed/neutered. Chipped.
I thought it kind of a deal. Humane Society of South Central Michigan

Ah, ok. They come like that from our city shelter/pound for like $75 but it's also subsidized.

Not a shelter but this org here does good work. Affordable spay/neuter, shots, chip, etc. Does a mobile free clinic once a month too. Keep them or a similar org up there on your Christmas card list.

PIss, probably isn't happening. I give them my vets number. Vet says they have no record of my next to last dog since 2011 and were never notified he had died(at home). And no records of the others before or after. WTF. "Until you can show a continuous 2-year history of heartworm and all other shots with a future pet, HSSCN.org will not consider any adoption application." How the fuck am I to get a "future pet"? "Marty, fire up the DeLoreon!" smh

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
PIss, probably isn't happening. I give them my vets number. Vet says they have no record of my next to last dog since 2011 and were never notified he had died(at home). And no records of the others before or after. WTF. "Until you can show a continuous 2-year history of heartworm and all other shots with a future pet, HSSCN.org will not consider any adoption application." How the fuck am I to get a "future pet"? "Marty, fire up the DeLoreon!" smh
Thats fucked up, I have literally never heard of anything like this. This is why rescues are dumb and why people buy puppies instead.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Thats fucked up, I have literally never heard of anything like this. This is why rescues are dumb and why people buy puppies instead.
It is.
The lady from the rescue seemed particularly disturbed that I didn't have the exact date my other dog died. I wrote back something like "no, all I remember is I sat in the garage with him on my lap and balled like a baby when I knew he was gone. Then I buried him." I swear, shit was more invasive than a colon exam. Another rescue wanted 3 personal references AND links to my social media accounts. And a donation up front - no promise of being acceptable. I hope the man from Toledo calls today - a road trip for a puppy is just the bestest. "Hey buddy, we're almost home . . " Picking one up from the baggage carousel at the airport is pretty cool too.
As you can probably tell, I'm pretty keyed up on this idea - I had SWORE we wouldn't get one until we moved. Momma says she needs something to nurture since she is teaching virtual. I miss it too. Even the dog shit on the lawn.

I made a $250 "donation" for my Scout and had to list 3 references (professional, familial, and personal) but they didn't call any of them. I think they just wanted him out because shelter life did not agree with him at all, apparently there had been lots of interest but nobody they deemed a good fit for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
I made a $250 "donation" for my Scout and had to list 3 references (professional, familial, and personal) but they didn't call any of them. I think they just wanted him out because shelter life did not agree with him at all, apparently there had been lots of interest but nobody they deemed a good fit for him.
Yikes. We signed up for Scout as a foster, since she was too young to spay, then we just kept her after they did the spay.

No references, like $100 in donation fees.

I think they saw our other two happy herders and that was enough.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Yikes. We signed up for Scout as a foster, since she was too young to spay, then we just kept her after they did the spay.

No references, like $100 in donation fees.

I think they saw our other two happy herders and that was enough.
On the application it asked about kids and plans for kids which was "no, no" and I hike a lot so that's what did it here I think.

The worst part was the check didn't go through for months and overdrafted one of my accounts.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie