Pics Poost ye dagz.

Totally agree - idle hands be bad news for dogs AND people. Few things sadder and more neurotic than a big dog in an 8X10' kennel. I think the science folks say every dog should have an area 30X their body length to run, at minimum. For mind & body health.
He's a beauty - you have the time and place for him? NVM - I missed that you had pulled the trigger. Good man!!

No trigger pull yet and might not be now. Maybe I was talking like I already had him or got crossed up talking about him and our old one we had.

Ya I'm on a good size city lot. Big back yard.. And plenty of neighborhood and parks to walk him to/in.

I had postponed picking him up until Saturday just because the pound has some deal this weekend where they waive a bunch of fees and stuff, but, the XO went by yesterday to see him. Said he seemed timid and shy, didn't want to be around people. That much I can understand from being in jail.

But, she talked to some chick that worked there that said he was in there because he bit his owner. Story goes he dropped some food on the floor and when he went to pick it up the dog bit his hand, like literally the hand that feeds him. Don't know if it was a real bite or a little nip or if he's a killer or the guy just said that to get rid of him.

I'll go Saturday, take him out and bring some treats, see if he bites me. If I feel anything weird about him he can't stay here killing our chickens and cats and stuff.

If he was starving or being hit or something I'd bite a motherfucker too but if it ain't that it's a no-go.

Also whatever Nancy had this thing named it "Mateo" so he might just be full of shit or should've got a poodle instead.

Looks grown up but not filled out yet, like a teenager in human years.

Going after work tomorrow to get the details and take him out and spend some time. See if he seems timid or aggressive or playful or what. With as smart as they are mentally, he might just need the right environment to be awesome or he could be a basket case already, depending on how he was treated before.

If he doesn't bite my arm all the way off or kill chickens or cats I'll give him a chance.

Our last one was awesome with very little training time. Was like she already knew how to live with us. Got that one about a year old from a dumbass who got a cute little puppy that grew up. Then she just got left alone in an empty yard or locked in a bathroom. Guess she was just happy to find some people that gave a damn instead of going the other way and being pissed off at the world and everything in it.

Cool. Check him out around other dogs. I've heard that dogs usually need to be 'socialized' young for their best behavior. You don't want to have a 'people friendly' dog that goes nuts when you walk him in town around other dogs.

But, she talked to some chick that worked there that said he was in there because he bit his owner. Story goes he dropped some food on the floor and when he went to pick it up the dog bit his hand, like literally the hand that feeds him. Don't know if it was a real bite or a little nip or if he's a killer or the guy just said that to get rid of him.
lolz. I had the sweetest dog ever, but when she was eating, she was all dog. Go to pet her, just putting your hand on her back & she'd freeze and start growling. Like, growling right into her food bowl. ie: "Bitch, I'll be your sweet playing thing the other 23 hrs and 50 minutes. GIVE ME THESE 10 MINUTES TO EAT LIKE AN ANIMAL!" She never bit, but the uninitiated would see her snap her head around at them like "see these teeth! Well, this is as bad as it gets! I'll show you these teeth. PLEASE just let me eat!"

lolz. I had the sweetest dog ever, but when she was eating, she was all dog. Go to pet her, just putting your hand on her back & she'd freeze and start growling. Like, growling right into her food bowl. ie: "Bitch, I'll be your sweet playing thing the other 23 hrs and 50 minutes. GIVE ME THESE 10 MINUTES TO EAT LIKE AN ANIMAL!" She never bit, but the uninitiated would see her snap her head around at them like "see these teeth! Well, this is as bad as it gets! I'll show you these teeth. PLEASE just let me eat!"
Good point - "Steve" was going for a piece of dropped food. Even with the best dogs better to yell NO and nudge them with a knee then get bit trying to reach for it. Their minds are simple -see food eat. Smell shit - eat.

There are no functional canine communicative consonants in the name " Mateo " .

Dogs can't process the sound of a "T" but a long "S" works and there's others .

Axis is a good doggo name , has the sound "kiss" in it for play time .

Don't give your dog a stupid name .

All I heard was "wu" :p

There are no functional canine communicative consonants in the name " Mateo " .

Dogs can't process the sound of a "T" but a long "S" works and there's others .

Axis is a good doggo name , has the sound "kiss" in it for play time .

Don't give your dog a stupid name .
And here I thought "Tank" was just kinda slow.

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
Good at poker, tho
947-7.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer