Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
while its not a law everywhere, ive always been a proponent of proportional force. Shooting someone seems excessive unless the other attacker had a weapon, was hugely larger than you, choking you, something.

That's closer to how the laws read in most states. Idk about Alabama's.

The article completely leaves out the progression of events from argument to shooting. They're just going for a knee jerk reaction to omg somebody shot a pregnant woman.

So we're left with this...

That reads like the grand jury found the pregnant woman to be the instigator/aggressor and that she took it to enough of a threat or force level to justify a self-defense shooting.

It happened in front of a store. I bet they have video and eye witness to back that up.
And?

Nothing you said is a good reason to charge someone who was shot with manslaughter.

And?

Nothing you said is a good reason to charge someone who was shot with manslaughter.

Pointing out how the article is a good example of everything wrong with journalism.

Totally slanted.
Leaves out critical info.
Tries to paint her as the victim when she is the aggressor.
Agenda pushing.
Have to go deep in the article to find any real info yet still no details.
Etc.
Etc.

Y'all can argue the validity of the charge. It's not like they're coming after her for having a glass of wine while pregnant.
She apparently instigated and continue to escalate a situation all the way to legit use of deadly force against her that resulted in the death of her baby.

Real shit situation. Probably get pleaded down to some kind of assault.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Pointing out how the article is a good example of everything wrong with journalism.

Totally slanted.
Agenda pushing.
Etc.
Etc.

Y'all can argue the validity of the charge. It's not like they're coming after her for having a glass of wine while pregnant.
She apparently instigated and continue to escalate a situation all the way to legit use of deadly force against her that resulted in the death of her baby.

Real shit situation. Probably get pleaded down to some kind of assault.

points 1 and 2 are literally the third sentence in the article.

points 1 and 2 are literally the third sentence in the article.

It just says the argument escalated and she was shot. No mention of a time period. No mention of how or how fast words went to fists went to guns. No mention of her being the aggressor from the headline down to the part about the grand jury's findings. Those findings are in the article. Presumably they knew what they were when they wrote it.

• Gravy

Totally slanted.
Agenda pushing.
Etc.
Etc.
And?

How does it make sense that the shooting victim is being charged?

And?

SHe precipitated and continued the throw down. It sounds like maybe the shooter was willing to back off and she instead kept coming. At some point(maybe it would be clearer in a video of the event) it might have been self-defense for the shooter. The child/fetus was basically an innocent bystander, to an assault that was fended off with gunfire. Ironically, the mother of said fetus was the assailant.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
The gun felt threatened.:rolleyes:

True. That is some sad shit. Amazing she would risk her & her child's safety that way. I'd like to know the backstory on why they had this throwdown that got to that point.

There's undoubtedly more to the story. All this article mentions is that it appears to be over the father of the kid.

I can't prove it, but I'd bet the rent money he knows what both those chicks look like naked.

• Haha
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
There's undoubtedly more to the story. All this article mentions is that it appears to be over the father of the kid.

I can't prove it, but I'd bet the rent money he knows what both those chicks look like naked.
Irrelevant yet interesting(always) to those studying human behavioural patterns. 1 or 2 lives(depending on your viewpoint) ruined over who loves the baby daddy better. FFS.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Irrelevant yet interesting(always) to those studying human behavioural patterns. 1 or 2 lives(depending on your viewpoint) ruined over who loves the baby daddy better. FFS.

Bonus points for spelling behaviour with a u.

NwinMRR.png

And?

You and I both know where this is going and we also both know we're not gonna change each other's views on it after whatever amount of time and typing we invest in it.

On a more reasoned/detached note...

I'm thinking they went with manslaughter because this lady didn't go out that day looking to get in a shooting, but she did (according to them) initiate, participate in, and escalate a situation the ended in a justifiable one that directly ended up taking the life of her kid.

Yes, with the intent of having a precedent setting test case for the recent abortion legislation.

Personally I'm not so keen on going down that road. Just plain don't trust the system enough to go there. I can see it heading towards women getting charged with all kinds of stupid shit that kinda maybe not might've been the absolute best thing for the babies they're carrying because some holier-than-thou stiff wants to make political points.

Pandora's box can of worms that's probably best left shut.

• Gravy
I will say that the whole "knowing the baby died is punishment enough" sentiment should be reserved for the woman who had to fucking shoot somebody that was threatening her life.

The mother (according to them) apparently wasn't too damn concerned about the baby's well being while she was busy starting fights and commiting violence.

• Gravy
Status
Not open for further replies.