Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scooter, when you quote someone it gives a direct link to that post. Its literally what you're talking about.

So, as the lady said, why wouldn't you quote it?

I see HHHippps point. The preview ought to show the post intended, not the top o the page post.

It’s actually easier to grab a quote instead of a link to it though, point August.

I see HHHippps point. The preview ought to show the post intended, not the top o the page post.

It’s actually easier to grab a quote instead of a link to it though, point August.
Why should it when a quote does the exact same thing?

Here's an example. Randomly hit quote on a couple pages back. Click Jehannum's screen name, just next to the arrow. Does it take you back to the post? Does it preview the post? Does it hit all the boxes hips wanted? If so, does he still have an argument?

If you're gonna have a thing make that thing work or don't have it. Don't just leave it stupid and get all wrapped up in the minutiae of how it's stupid instead of making it not stupid.

Why should it when a quote does the exact same thing?

Here's an example. Randomly hit quote on a couple pages back. Click Jehannum's screen name, just next to the arrow. Does it take you back to the post? Does it preview the post? Does it hit all the boxes hips wanted? If so, does he still have an argument?

He’s saying that when you link to a post, it shows, as a preview, a different post. It would be as if I pick a quote from back there, hit Jenny’s name next to the arrow, and it takes me to the post at the top of the page instead.

It’s backward.

If you're gonna have a thing make that thing work or don't have it. Don't just leave it stupid and get all wrapped up in the minutiae of how it's stupid instead of making it not stupid.
As a counterpoint, if you use the wrong tool for the job you should probably expect that it doesn't work right, and to get lectured by someone that knows what tool is the correct one. Especially when you insist that "it should work!"

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
He’s saying that when you link to a post, it shows, as a preview, a different post. It would be as if I pick a quote from back there, hit Jenny’s name next to the arrow, and it takes me to the post at the top of the page instead.

It’s backward.
Except that's not at all what that is supposed to do. It's doing its job as its job is to give a thread preview, not show a particular post.

You dont use a ratchet as a hammer.

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
Nope. Still doesn't work.
zf86Ze4.jpg

• Gravy
I like how at a debate on either side for the last few election cycles someone always has to bust out some Spanish to try and impress the Latino voters. This time two of them did it. I really wanted to see Elizabeth Warren one up everyone and bust out some Cherokee.

I like how at a debate on either side for the last few election cycles someone always has to bust out some Spanish to try and impress the Latino voters. This time two of them did it. I really wanted to see Elizabeth Warren one up everyone and bust out some Cherokee.
She knows exactly 1/1024 Cherokee.

• Gravy
they may be charged with whatever related to the fight they started (e.g. assault and/or battery of the person who went on to shoot them) or for other crimes they engaged in that led to the shooter feeling the need to defend themselves (e.g. B&E, criminal trespassing, etc), but what they are not going to be charged with is something relating to actually being shot.
They are not being charged for being shot, they are being charged for getting their unborn child shot. Her actions were a proximate cause of the child getting shot. E.g. Security guard tries to take a shot at an armed robber and accidentally kills a bystander. The robber is charged for the death of the bystander - their actions were a direct proximate cause that led to the gunfire.
Alabama uses the substantial factor test to establish proximate cause. The lady charged was apparently, according to the Grand Jury, a substantial factor in getting her fetus killed.

• Gravy
Except that's not at all what that is supposed to do. It's doing its job as its job is to give a thread preview, not show a particular post.

You dont use a ratchet as a hammer.
It's broke. The numeric post link takes one to the post pretty much everywhere on the internet - that's it's purpose. There don't need to be (currently) 1,996 links that each point to the top of a page. That's just dumz. One may as well just grab the link to the page. Here's #98

• Gravy
Testing. Ahh, the share link does the same thing. Useless

• Gravy
They are not being charged for being shot, they are being charged for getting their unborn child shot. Her actions were a proximate cause of the child getting shot. E.g. Security guard tries to take a shot at an armed robber and accidentally kills a bystander. The robber is charged for the death of the bystander - their actions were a direct proximate cause that led to the gunfire.
Alabama uses the substantial factor test to establish proximate cause. The lady charged was apparently, according to the Grand Jury, a substantial factor in getting her fetus killed.

Stop making sense. You're just supposed to rage about abortions and stuff.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Status
Not open for further replies.