Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is reality law in no-fault states. Who was at fault only matters in those if you are permanently injured. Collision damage, wage loss, medical and personal assistance are all from your company, regardless of fault. Basically, you insure your own ass, not the other guy's. If you are uninsured, you can't collect from anybody, regardless of fault or permanent injury. Brutal but very clear-cut on who pays what. :iono:
You're still digging into state law and not "natural law".

Example: man-made law says you file at the county clerk saying you own x piece of property with mapped out political boundaries of x, y, and z.

Natural law says you can only posses that which you can defend and keep someone else from taking.

In the car crash scenario we're all supposed to carry insurance to take care of fuckups.

Natural law says that might be nice but Murphy gets a vote too. You preserve and protect your own by paying attention and not crashing into shit and realizing every one else on the road may or may not be so careful and being defensive of that too. Colored lights, yellow lines, crosswalks, etc. don't actually stop cars. They're just suggestions.

I damn near got plowed into by one of the test vehicle "self driving cars" on Wednesday. Chicks eyes got big as tea cups. My own evasive maneuver combined with her oh shit jerk of the wheel kept us from making contact.
That's natural law. I could've stayed firmly in my lane and got hit, causing us both a bunch of hassle and grief, yet we both understood that stripe of paint doesn't actually stop cars and took care of it.

In retrospect I could've let the damn thing hit me, got a check for the book value of the truck, and cried "oh my back" and got $50k more to split with a lawyer and chiropractor. State law would let me do that. Natural law says look out and steer away from getting hit because you might get hurt.

Probably should've gone with state law that time as a purely financial decision but I never realize that until it's too late.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Natural law says you can only posses that which you can defend and keep someone else from taking.

I'll give you that one and the "suggestions" :) I think I'm going to have to have the surveyor out on my one neighbor. He seemingly can't see a straight line that runs across the edge of several properties. imo he's now mowing about 15' into my land. I'll get that verified before proceeding ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'll give you that one and the "suggestions" :) I think I'm going to have to have the surveyor out on my one neighbor. He seemingly can't see a straight line that runs across the edge of several properties. imo he's now mowing about 15' into my land. I'll get that verified before proceeding ;)
That reminds me of some old family friends of ours that were basically treated as another aunt and uncle. They had a fence dispute going on with their neighbor for what must've been 2 or 3 decades. Basically until one party or the other up and died. 5 acre lots. Neighbor swore up and down fence was in wrong place and was encroaching. Out come surveyors and plat maps and the works (days before gps, precise satellite imagery, etc.) I think they even rebuilt the fence one time and dude still wasn't happy. Would raise holy hell over 6 inches this way or that.

We used to get together with them a couple times a year on holidays or for a weekend in the summer, etc. and about every other time seemed like there was a fresh story about neighbor bitching about fence.

They were our neighbors from the time my folks were newly married until we moved up to the farm when I was 2 years old, and always good friends after that. Helluva time with that neighbor on the other side though. That dude was constantly measuring fence.

• Haha
When your car is smashed all to hell in the front that usually means you fucked up.

I meant to add that my mommy way back in 1972 or ‘73 swerved head on into oncoming traffic avoiding a dumb kid who pulled out from a stop sign. She was in a Pinto and face to faced with a string of larger cars.

I saw the Pinto the next day and what a mess. The dash had pretty much split in half as the engine pushed its way into the interior. Two gallons of frozen milk in the back seat, still intact. Weird. My little brain was shocked for sure.

• Gravy
:lol: That reminds me of some old family friends of ours that were basically treated as another aunt and uncle. They had a fence dispute going on with their neighbor for what must've been 2 or 3 decades. Basically until one party or the other up and died. 5 acre lots. Neighbor swore up and down fence was in wrong place and was encroaching. Out come surveyors and plat maps and the works (days before gps, precise satellite imagery, etc.) I think they even rebuilt the fence one time and dude still wasn't happy. Would raise holy hell over 6 inches this way or that.

We used to get together with them a couple times a year on holidays or for a weekend in the summer, etc. and about every other time seemed like there was a fresh story about neighbor bitching about fence.

They were our neighbors from the time my folks were newly married until we moved up to the farm when I was 2 years old, and always good friends after that. Helluva time with that neighbor on the other side though. That dude was constantly measuring fence.
I hear you, I'm getting out of here and I don't use that pos sliver of land anyway. Someone else can take him to task or not. We're both on land zoned small farm but have very different "aestetics" - his is grass from edge to edge, he has killed/cut all but maybe 6 trees in his back 2 acres. Mows it seemingly every 4 days - scorched earth. Our back/spare 2.5 acres is 20-30' pines, mulberry trees, buckthorns, raspberries and thousands of wildflowers. With a 60" wide meandering trail that you can walk, without repeating the same trail, and have walked over 1 km. Yet can rarely see people on the other trails. :cool: People slip out there to "burn rope", makeout, talk, whatever when we have folks over.

He's no trouble but a few weeks ago he suggested he would come on my property even further and mow around my trees, because "I just love mowing". ffs.

Road in front of my house is probably 15' off, across the 300' frontage - my loss of property on that one. I figure the guy across the street worked it that way when he built his house 40 years ago, when the land was super rural. Like I give a fuck, less to mow.:lol:

• Gravy
  • Sad
The shittiest turtle in the world rides again!

Yeah, but turtleman has no power over budgetary legislation. They can do the 50+1 deal and as long as dumbocraps have their house in order, it'll pass.

Oh. Wait.

Oh look, more kids orphaned because the parents are Covidiots.

Kids a are better off if you ask me.

Huh, special needs parents produced special needs kids. Whodathunk.

Remember when the pundits were saying that it was only 60,000 or so votes that kept Hillary from winning?

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.