Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the media is very complicit in the extremes. It's how they garner attention.

Maybe not necessarily a new dawn, but definitely an era where we have to look at what each narrower 'segment' is being pointed at.

We've got hundreds and hundreds of cable channels now. It's no longer 3 TV stations, each one having 1 primary political figure. Cable has multiple channels for every flavor of mental diet, and "Social Media" is so polluted with opinions that are quickly used to 'favorite' your own echo chamber & pretend your new thinking is "woke." Too easy to repeatrephrase someone elses message to get a "like."

The inability for so many people to critically think, to think outside their own box, is what is most amusing to me.

1) You are one of those people who portray everything as left VS right.

2) The fact that you reference the TV when talking about the sources of news shows how old and out of touch you are.

Most people I know on the right are tired of people calling them racist and looking at them askance if they don't laugh at memes about the president. They complained about the rudeness of the left, and then quietly went and voted.
While that's a good insight, I dont know that it's what Ape was looking for. May be wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I can't be the only one who just loves it when a little back-n-forth friendly stick in the ribs banter gets wet-blanketed by "you're not following the program! you must follow the program! see! see! It says right here you must..... .!"

Yeeh wull poot it tagetha wif som fush end chups aye bro.

I can't be the only one who just loves it when a little back-n-forth friendly stick in the ribs banter gets wet-blanketed by "you're not following the program! you must follow the program! see! see! It says right here you must..... .!"
No one is talking about "a little back-n-forth" we're talking about pages and pages of off topic bullshit that just gets in the way of an actual discussion.

No one is talking about "a little back-n-forth" we're talking about pages and pages of off topic bullshit that just gets in the way of an actual discussion.

Can you point to any string of posts in this thread, let's say.......let's call it 1 page. On a phone that's 20 posts long.
Can you point to any string of 20 On-Topic posts in this thread that a reasonable person would consider "actual discussion"?
Not trading orangeman jokes, not lamenting anything and everything trump, not trading Reddit repost memes, not sharing each other's disgust like a tween girl pillow party, but actual, political, discussion?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Can you point to any string of posts in this thread, let's say.......let's call it 1 page. On a phone that's 20 posts long.
Can you point to any string of 20 On-Topic posts in this thread that a reasonable person would consider "actual discussion"?
Not trading orangeman jokes, not lamenting anything and everything trump, not trading Reddit repost memes, not sharing each other's disgust like a tween girl pillow party, but actual, political, discussion?
Sure.
If this were a thread that wasn't off topic. But being that this thread is marked on topic, I regret to inform you that I cannot.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Status
Not open for further replies.