Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has an American mother and an Australian father, and he is a dual citizen. Why should he have to pick one or the other.
Why should he benefit from 2 systems? He isn't living in two places and it sounds like neither of you are paying into this one anymore. Nobody cares either of you used live here - you certainly got benefits from being here when you were. Go away ya stinking foreigner!

My son has an American mother and an Australian father, and he is a dual citizen. Why should he have to pick one or the other.
I feel like some of this conversation revolves around people thinking the US is calling all the shots here. Even though they have zero fucking say in anything relating to his OZ passport. I know plenty of people including family members who hold dual. I've even heard of people holding more.

Why should he benefit from 2 systems? He isn't living in two places and it sounds like neither of you are paying into this one anymore. Nobody cares either of you used live here - you certainly got benefits from being here. Go away ya stinking foreigner!
that kid has just as much right to his US citizenship than any of us. He was born here end of story.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Why should he benefit from 2 systems? He isn't living in two places and it sounds like neither of you are paying into this one anymore. Nobody cares either of you used live here - you certainly got benefits from being here when you were. Go away ya stinking foreigner!
What benefits is he getting from the US right now while he lives in Australia?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
that kid has just as much right to his US citizenship than any of us. He was born here end of story.
I'm ok with that. But I personally(it's an opinion!) don't think much of dual citizenship. It gets abused a lot. Like celbs with dual citizenship with one in a country with a lower tax rate. They take the money and run.

I'm ok with that. But I personally(it's an opinion!) don't think much of dual citizenship. It gets abused a lot. Like celbs with dual citizenship with one in a country with a lower tax rate. They take the money and run.
It's not different than having a house here in two different States. You pay the taxes and get the main rights at the location you spend the majority of time in.

I feel like some of this conversation revolves around people thinking the US is calling all the shots here. Even though they have zero fucking say in anything relating to his OZ passport. I know plenty of people including family members who hold dual. I've even heard of people holding more.
Yeah the US doesn't even recognise dual citizenship. To them, if you're a dual citizen, then you are only an American citizen.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Floptical
Yeah the US doesn't even recognise dual citizenship. To them, if you're a dual citizen, then you are only an American citizen.
But the OTHER country considers you a citizen too.
I've known plenty of people who kept dual in either Canada or Europe just because it was easier when they travel.
I wonder if any terrorists have dual citizenship for that reason.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
The one who makes me fucking laugh with all of this is Ted Cruz. His own Cuban father filed as a political refugee after he overstayed his student visa in Canada. Ted himself was born in Canada and his father wasn't even a citizen of Canada or the US. But he had not issues "bending the rules" so he could still serve in public office and then chastise all others who are in a similar situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.