Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if any terrorists have dual citizenship for that reason.
I'm sure there's anything possible. But that's still up to CBP folks in each country to vet that out on entry. Even coming back to the US as a citizen if there's something they suspect on my travel or anything like that they pull you aside for more details. I've been pulled into back rooms plenty of times in my previous life due to my appearance and stamps on my passport. I've had travel to Israel where I used either my government passport or my personal one just so I could go to other countires after and they wouldn't freak out over an Israel stamp.

yeah that's called citizenship
So who do they hold allegiance to?
citizen
noun
cit·i·zen | \ ˈsi-tə-zən also -sən\
Definition of citizen

1: an inhabitant of a city or townespecially : one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman
2a: a member of a state
b: a native or naturalized person who owes allegiance to a government and is entitled to protection from it.
She was an American citizen but lived most of her life abroad.
3: a civilian as distinguished from a specialized servant of the stateSoldiers were sent to protect the citizens.

This keeps getting tossed around like it's a viable solution.

If I was to say, You know what, you're right. The red tape is too damn high! let's just issue free USA Citizen ID cards to everyone at the borders! Would I be disturbing the safe zone if I asked if there was a limit at all??

Where is this “safe zone” you refer to?

One of the strangest arguments that seems to work in this whole thing is stating that lefties want open borders. I’ve never heard one person, ever, say that. Besides righties who claim that’s what “leftists” want.

Uh, no.

So who do they hold allegiance to?
citizen
noun
cit·i·zen | \ ˈsi-tə-zən also -sən\
Definition of citizen

1: an inhabitant of a city or townespecially : one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman
2a: a member of a state
b: a native or naturalized person who owes allegiance to a government and is entitled to protection from it.
She was an American citizen but lived most of her life abroad.
3: a civilian as distinguished from a specialized servant of the stateSoldiers were sent to protect the citizens.
It doesn't say hold's allegiance to a single Government. You can have allegiance to multiple things. It doesn't negate or downgrade the level. It's not like each person only has a single allegiance token they can only give out to one thing.

7 billion for a wall we don't need along with 150 billion we gave away to Iran....we could have fixed a lot of shit in this country.

I haven’t read the thread to see if this had already been addressed, but the money was mostly form frozen assets. And it all wasn’t from US “freezers”, it came from a few countries. And it was also closer to $56 Billion.

The barrels and pallets of $150 billion is just a fave talking point.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
My usual travel schedule has been all messed up over the shut down. A large portion of my customers are gone. Those who are there aren't really doing anything. I've had multiple cancel speaking engagements on me due to the appearance of them doing business over the shut down. Plus personally I've been delaying things because I'm not really keen on air travel with all of this going on. And the today's events is just another example of why.

Where is this “safe zone” you refer to?

One of the strangest arguments that seems to work in this whole thing is stating that lefties want open borders. I’ve never heard one person, ever, say that. Besides righties who claim that’s what “leftists” want.

Uh, no.
lots of actual leftists are for open borders.
dems are not.

dems != leftists

yet again, the issue is the conflation of dems and leftists because everybody keeps calling dems "the left"

I haven’t read the thread to see if this had already been addressed, but the money was mostly form frozen assets. And it all wasn’t from US “freezers”, it came from a few countries. And it was also closer to $56 Billion.

The barrels and pallets of $150 billion is just a fave talking point.
now you understand Yeppers

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
lots of actual leftists are for open borders.
dems are not.

dems != leftists

yet again, the issue is the conflation of dems and leftists because everybody keeps calling dems "the left"

I have never heard anyone say it out loud. I can imagine there are a few out there though. It’s just another example of generalizing and stereotyping, something both sides do but one seems to excel at it.

e5imo5p2p3c21.png

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Status
Not open for further replies.