Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fully in favor of preventing anyone who is not a citizen from obtaining any social benefits, whether it's food stamps, healthcare... whatever. If you do not legally pay into the system, you cannot legally take from the system.
Realistically a shit load of illegals allow taxes to be taken out of their checks to stay below the radar. And they ain't EVER getting to file a tax return or such. They get nothing?

If neither of your parents are citizens and you're born here, you are not a citizen of the US. You are a citizen of the country that your parents are citizens.
But at that point your parents have been benefiting THIS country and not the home country. The children and their parents are supposed to get social benefits from the home country? o_O

Good ole Florida. The FL Secretary of State resigns over recently surfaced photos of him in black face as a "Katrina victim"
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...michael-ertel-resigns-after-blackface-photos/

BQLQ2IK62VBEXIYNOJ5PBEAIIU.jpg

cliffs:

Let's get to what we're GOING to do and how THAT will help.

For starters, your "fewer pages" deal, really? How is that going to help in the big picture?

this: We've got criteria now. So I've got three questions
1) what would you change
2) how would that change help.
3) any limits?
Having just spent a total of 5 minutes looking at the application for US citizenship, I can immediately cut it from 20 pages to 15. Legitimately useless questions.

Code:
Have you EVER:
- Been a habitual drunkard?
- Been a prostitute or procured anyone for prostitution?
- Sold or smuggled controlled substances, illegal drugs or narcotics?
- Been married to more than one person at the same time?
- Married someone in order to obtain an immigration benefit?
- Helped anyone to enter or try to enter, the United States illegally?

Have you ever been a member of, or in any way associated (either directly or indirectly) with:
- The Communist Party?
- Any other totalitarian party?
- A terrorist organization?

Those are legit questions on the Application. Do you think people will answer those truthfully? Is 5 pages of those types of questions going to prevent a terrorist or murderer from coming into our country?

But at that point your parents have been benefiting THIS country and not the home country. The children and their parents are supposed to get social benefits from the home country? o_O
Not necessarily true. There is a HUGE push right now from the Chinese government (they're legit paying for their citizens to travel here to have their kids) so that the future generation of Chinese citizens are dual citizens of both China and the US. Those children (and their parents) can reap the rewards of their citizen children, while never even living in the US.

Having just spent a total of 5 minutes looking at the application for US citizenship, I can immediately cut it from 20 pages to 15. Legitimately useless questions.

Code:
Have you EVER:
- Been a habitual drunkard?
- Been a prostitute or procured anyone for prostitution?
- Sold or smuggled controlled substances, illegal drugs or narcotics?
- Been married to more than one person at the same time?
- Married someone in order to obtain an immigration benefit?
- Helped anyone to enter or try to enter, the United States illegally?

Have you ever been a member of, or in any way associated (either directly or indirectly) with:
- The Communist Party?
- Any other totalitarian party?
- A terrorist organization?

Those are legit questions on the Application. Do you think people will answer those truthfully? Is 5 pages of those types of questions going to prevent a terrorist or murderer from coming into our country?
Problem is that will never fly. We no longer care about the communist party, but the instant someone tries to remove that question they'll be attacked by 10 million howling GOPers unable to imagine that the people removing that line would only be removing that line.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Problem is that will never fly. We no longer care about the communist party, but the instant someone tries to remove that question they'll be attacked by 10 million howling GOPers unable to imagine that the people removing that line would only be removing that line.
I know.

And drug laws prevent people from getting drugs and gun laws etc etc...

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Not necessarily true. There is a HUGE push right now from the Chinese government (they're legit paying for their citizens to travel here to have their kids) so that the future generation of Chinese citizens are dual citizens of both China and the US. Those children (and their parents) can reap the rewards of their citizen children, while never even living in the US.

I remember reading some article or seeing something about this in some documentary or something. Probably couldn't find it again but people are so focused on Mexico few know what a big thing US birth citizenship "tourism" is for the Chinese. Don't remember it being govt sponsored but it's hugely popular for their wealthy to fly here to give birth for the dual citizenship.
Was interesting.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I remember reading some article or seeing something about this in some documentary or something. Probably couldn't find it again but people are so focused on Mexico few know what a big thing US birth citizenship "tourism" is for the Chinese. Don't remember it being govt sponsored but it's hugely popular for their wealthy to fly here to give birth for the dual citizenship.
Was interesting.
It's primarily government sponsored now. Though a few years back it was a loophole for people who already had one child to legally have a second child.

Fine, have them choose one country or the other. Dual citizenship sounds really dumb assed to me. * I remember when my gramps quit going to the Italian-American club(taking me occasionally) "fuck them, all they want to be is Italian. I'm an American!" And so we were.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Fine, have them choose one country or the other. Dual citizenship sounds really dumb assed to me. * I remember when my gramps quit going to the Italian-American club(taking me occasionally) "fuck them, all they want to be is Italian. I'm an American!" And so we were.
I don't have a problem with dual citizenship. I do have a problem with entitled citizenship.

I don't have a problem with dual citizenship. I do have a problem with entitled citizenship.
If the world would have had your logic this place would be nothing but natives with plenty of bison still roaming the plains. It’s not like our country is 1000s of years old. This entire place was built off of immigrants. And every single one of us Americans posting on here came from immigrants.

If the world would have had your logic this place would be nothing but natives with plenty of bison still roaming the plains. It’s not like our country is 1000s of years old. This entire place was built off of immigrants. And every single one of us Americans posting on here came from immigrants.
Show me where I said immigrants are bad.

I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.