Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon.

FluidBeneficialDromaeosaur.gif

Most meat is on automated machinery. The larger piece your local butcher cuts into smaller pieces was also likely on one.

I need to follow through with making gifs from that movie Dominion. Slaughterhouse/processing plant footage has been largely deplatformed. Probably qualifies as some kind of ~ist or ~phobe like everything else now.

Doesn’t make it a good thing.

I wonder if they have a crying robot yet? Has that been taken also?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
Doesn’t make it a good thing.

I wonder if they have a crying robot yet? Has that been taken also?

That was weak.

I still maintain that the day you walk into a supermarket and the only living things there are customers is a long fuckin way off, and needs to be longer.

Great. Let’s displace even more humans and then bitch about welfare programs. I can’t bring myself to be too grumpy at you, so suck it @Amstel !

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Look beyond cashiers. The trucks aren’t unloading themselves and the meat isn’t pre-cut yet.

I have yet to see a robotic shelf stocker. The money spent on creating one is almost immoral.
It's possible that supermarkets won't exist either.

Old people are working longer, Social Security is continually threatened with increased age as a barrier to entry, and fewer and fewer people have any savings for retirement.

I don't think that it's as rosy as you do.
I know this, but old people can't work forever.

True, but that not what I'm talking about. I'm saying that at some point companies will be forced to hire people without degrees. Then the cost of higher education will plummet.
The cost won't plummet, because the supply will contract as various colleges merge or disappear. It'll just be the elite that can get degrees.

Then we'll have a bimodal distribution - factory jobs for the proles and management jobs for the elites.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Great. Let’s displace even more humans and then bitch about welfare programs. I can’t bring myself to be too grumpy at you, so suck it @Amstel !

:lol:

if only we were still manufacturing buggy whips!!! THAT would solve everything!

* do you think people were up in arms when they created buggies? Like, *suddenly* you didn't need so many guys to carry stuff around?
* also, are roads and shipping services bad because it requires less people to move stuffs around?

The cost won't plummet, because the supply will contract as various colleges merge or disappear. It'll just be the elite that can get degrees.

Then we'll have a bimodal distribution - factory jobs for the proles and management jobs for the elites.
why is it either/or? Why can't it be that a factory employee wants to take some management classes at night?

:lol:

if only we were still manufacturing buggy whips!!! THAT would solve everything!

* do you think people were up in arms when they created buggies? Like, *suddenly* you didn't need so many guys to carry stuff around?
* also, are roads and shipping services bad because it requires less people to move stuffs around?

Buggies? I’m sure some people were upset. But then again, let’s go all the way back to the invention of the wheel, and start there.

The roads are in failing shape because fewer people making more money paying a larger percentage of total taxes paid is less than many people earning more thus paying more taxes would amount to. That’s a small sliver of it.

That was weak.

I still maintain that the day you walk into a supermarket and the only living things there are customers is a long fuckin way off, and needs to be longer.

Go into any newer supermarket (or Walmart, etc.) here and you'll find like a dozen of those automated machines open where the customer has to scan all their shit themselves, and like 2 normal lanes open with a human checkout girl.

I don't like it either but I doubt I can stop this so-called"progress".

On aisles that are pretty uniform and prepackaged I doubt we're very far from a RFID scanner saying. "Mrs. Jones just grabbed the last 3 cans of 15.5oz. Dole crushed pineapple from aisle 4, level 3, space E-6" and here comes the robot stocking the shelf from behind.

That is until we're all forced to shop via Google voice recognition and have it delivered by drone via GPS ping you can't opt out of.

I hope I'm dead by then.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I realize a lot of truths are being pointed out to me today. I have to ask though, with all the future automation displacing people, what are they going to do?

Automation is one of the reasons there are fewer jobs that were formerly “livable wage” and held by the middle class. The only people who benefit from automation and outsourcing are the people at the top and stockholders.

The displaced people then end up at McDonalds, and even McD’s is increasingly automated.

It’s an honest question. What do these people do for a living? Even wage levels in manufacturing hinge on current minimum wage, and now those types of jobs aren’t “livable”, even though many of them were 40 years ago.

Is the lower birth rate helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.