Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The parents are in control" is worthless to kids with bad, uneducated, and/Or poor parents.
So here we go with professional victimization. Can you at least let me know the definition of 'bad,' 'uneducated,' & 'poor' is? Cuz we're gonna need some laws to establish a few limits. Or, perhaps, we should just take everyone's kids and let the gov't process them as they see fit?

Vouchers are only useful to the kids in the 15 states who have vouchers. We have 50 states btw. And I bet it doesn't cover the cost anyways (a guess ill admit). People should be able to send their kids to any public school as long as they can get them there but they can't. Not without paying. If they are zoned for the poor school they are fucked.
Which is A) why voting for vouchers is important, and B) requires an explanation as to why all public school aren't equal.

If other people can make themselves smarter, you should be able to educate yourself on the meaning of happiness.
I know what it is. & it doesn't include handouts. Nice dodge though.

"The parents are in control" is worthless to kids with bad, uneducated, and/Or poor parents.
It also ignores the fact that the parents may be in charge of the kids going to school, but they are not in charge of the federal or state mandated bullshit that runs the school's day to day

Anyone else get that brief moment of "huh?" after reading an Amstel post, before remembering that there is absolutely nothing to be gained from attempting to parse that nonsense?
I once limited my responses to Amstel to 3 words in the politics thread. @Jehannum tried to warn me. I never listen.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
So here we go with professional victimization. Can you at least let me know the definition of 'bad,' 'uneducated,' & 'poor' is? Cuz we're gonna need some laws to establish a few limits. Or, perhaps, we should just take everyone's kids and let the gov't process them as they see fit?

Which is A) why voting for vouchers is important, and B) requires an explanation as to why all public school aren't equal.

I know what it is. & it doesn't include handouts. Nice dodge though.
No point talking about the first part. We just disagree completely on that.

Vouchers aren't needed to transfer public schools that's a waste of government. It's cool for the private schools but public schools should have enrollment like they do now but for all counties/districts.

It wasn't a dodge, mate. More of a poke or a jab, but your reply about happiness contradicts your original claim that people get happiness from handouts (I paraphrased, sue me)

I'm going back to school because I feel I have extremely limited options without a degree. Combine that with no experience and I don't stand a chance. Any application that I've seen for a decent job says it requires education and/or experience.

Probably give preferentially to old people who do have degrees and rich kids who also have degrees.

I'm concerned about the 85% that'll get lost in the fold there.
Old people are dying off or retiring. At some point companies will have to choose between hiring someone without the ideal qualifications, or not hiring anyone at all. A lot of companies already hire people without the ideal qualifications. My guess is this will become more and more prominent over time.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Peppers
We live in interesting times

I know this doesn't matter to the happily child-free, but things like this keep me up at night - I don't have any idea how the increasing-without-bound tuitions shake out in the near-enough term that my kids will be able to go through college without accumulating crippling debt.

This feeds into my belief that the powers that be are looking towards a future with a permanent underclass. The hatebox occasionally spews its hatred of “screwels”. There appears to be no real effort to raise the lowest wages, only raising the already high. Combine that with lack of education, there’s your cheap ass labor force.

Doesn't matter as those positions won't exist soon.

Look beyond cashiers. The trucks aren’t unloading themselves and the meat isn’t pre-cut yet.

I have yet to see a robotic shelf stocker. The money spent on creating one is almost immoral.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
That's fine and good, but try convincing employers here in the states that they should hire a non-college grad in a skilled position.

Exactly. I can’t count how many bosses I’ve trained that had a degree in business management and not one speck of experience in the field(s) I was in. Many were at the giant frozen food plant. They’d always hired management from within then suddenly, they started bringing in new people. There were a lot of people there who had their goal ripped away right there.

Vouchers aren't needed to transfer public schools that's a waste of government. It's cool for the private schools but public schools should have enrollment like they do now but for all counties/districts.

How would that work?
Give up local control and have statewide property tax and mandates?

Just drive your kids to a richer town for school every day?
Would single parent families and those where both parents work (that'd be most of them) even realistically be able to participate in such a thing?

You also gonna fund some regional bussing system for them or contract with greyhound or something?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Status
Not open for further replies.