Halp Pick out a car for dbzeag

they tested an EMP weapon on the show future weapons and the car was completely toasted

I saw that and there's so much wrong with that sequence.

For starters, the car was running. EMPs have a significantly stronger effect on devices that are running. Most cars that aren't running wouldn't be affected. Of those that are, the computer wouldn't necessarily be fried but would require a reboot. More advanced computers would have a greater chance of being toast but simpler ones before ODB2 would still function after resetting the terminals.

Also, the test they did had a directed pulse, a very lousy simulation of the effect of a nuclear weapon. In the latter case, the pulse would be dispersed along a wider area and its impact would be far less than a directed one.

let's not even get into the end of the sequence where they forget to consider other factors involved in an emp 130 miles above the country. :p

Family is good, moved to a new house last year, been a long, stressful, insane year. Hydrosqueegee has a new job, other than that things are mostly status quo. How are all you people?

I have relocated to Houston with chim but we are doing well. Looking for a new car ;)

Wow Houston! I relocated like 3 blocks from previous house. When did you move there? Coqui still in Ohio?

End of February. Yes he's still in C-town (2 of 3). He will never leave because it's the greatest place ever or some BS like that. :rolleyes:

Just been quoted for an Escape with everything but Sync that I wanted for $20,230.30 before tax and title.

Not too shabby I guess.