Halp Official Tard-O-Matic Political Derpy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so - I think if the people choose to elect someone, having knowledge of their indiscretions, then so be it. Franken was elected before his indiscretions came to light.
then wouldn't the voters get a say the next time he's up for re-election?

they would, but the talking heads convince the voters that it's more important to vote party lines

I mean, sure he's a pedophile, but at least he's not a liberal pedophile.

I know, I'm just saying that I don't think Moore should be allowed in the Senate just because it's the "will of the people". Franken shouldn't get to stay whether or not it's the will of the people. The senate is not a court of law and things don't have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt for there to be consequences.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I know, I'm just saying that I don't think Moore should be allowed in the Senate just because it's the "will of the people". Franken shouldn't get to stay whether or not it's the will of the people. The senate is not a court of law and things don't have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt for there to be consequences.

Mostly Agree. The moral and ethical standards that a nation holds its elected officials to should be high. Certainly a lot fucking higher than it currently is.

it's difficult to determine what level of "reasonable doubt" needs to be reached to incur consequences.

blithering hardscrabble nonsense
For thousands of fuckin' years, we've been blaming the victims of sexual assault for their situation (see: Leviticus and Sharia law). That the shoe is on the other foot now doesn't make you any less than you were before. It just raises everyone else up to our level.

That you see that as an infringement on your privilege and that it makes you defensive doesn't speak well to your character.

For thousands of fuckin' years, we've been blaming the victims of sexual assault for their situation (see: Leviticus and Sharia law). That the shoe is on the other foot now doesn't make you any less than you were before. It just raises everyone else up to our level.

That you see that as an infringement on your privilege and that it makes you defensive doesn't speak well to your character.
My good friend said it best earlier this week with “It’s just about fucking hilarious that all these men are now going around looking over their shoulder and watching where they step and what they say and who they interact with because they could be next. LOLOLOLOL THAT’S HOW WOMEN EVERYWHERE HAVE FELT FOR FOREVER FUCKFACES”

My good friend said it best earlier this week with “It’s just about fucking hilarious that all these men are now going around looking over their shoulder and watching where they step and what they say and who they interact with because they could be next. LOLOLOLOL THAT’S HOW WOMEN EVERYWHERE HAVE FELT FOR FOREVER FUCKFACES”
^

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I find that treating all of my cow-orkers with similar levels of contempt regardless of their physical features generally works out well in the end.

which is why negative ads work so well.

you-dont-need-to-run-faster-than-the-bear.png

the weaker your opponents look, the better you look.
I dunno. I think the CPC's "run attack ads and nothing else" campaign is half the reason that Trudeau won a liberal majority up here.

Obama's "hope" campaign was pretty damn effective too.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
Watching Ted Cruz Spin on Roy Moore and Al Franken Will Make You Dizzy

Because it looks increasingly and unfortunately likely that we’re going to have to hear the phrase “Senator Roy Moore” before too long, journalists have moved on to the next question: Will the U.S. Senate make good on its threats, and perhaps refuse to seat the twice-booted judge, who has been repeatedly accused of preying on teenage girls when he was in his 30s?

As shown in a video flagged on Twitter by Think Progress's Aaron Rupar, television host Neil Cavuto put the question to Texas senator Ted Cruz Thursday night: “Do you think [Moore] should be thrown out of the Senate” if he wins, asked Cavuto.

“Of course not ... we’ve got to respect the will of the voters,” Cruz said.

Make of Cruz’s stance what you will, but give it this: It’s a stand. It’s a coherent position. (Though a rather odd one, given that one of Cruz’s favorite poses is that of the righteous moral crusader. And it’s kind of telling that he didn’t even nod to the seriousness of the charges against Moore in his answer.)

Cavuto next went on to question Cruz about his Senate colleague Al Franken, who has been accused by five women of groping them. All of a sudden, Cruz the Righteous was back.

Now, keep in mind that by any reasonable standard, Franken has been accused of doing less vile things than Moore has. For one, none of Franken’s victims were underage. And two, as far as we know, Franken never did anything beyond groping; Moore is accused of going much further.

But then again, Franken is a partisan opponent of Cruz—a Democrat, even! And apparently that’s what matters.

“These allegations are serious, and they keep coming up every day,” Cruz scolded. He said the charges are a “serious, serious problem” for Franken and the Democrats.

Journalist Neil Cavuto apparently failed to notice the glaring double standard. “Senator, thank you!” he said, and the interview concluded.
Absolutely typical republican bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.