Obama lifts 20 year ban on US entry for those with HIV

so having a little extra laying around so like when terrorist attack the united states and your shithead president declares war on everyone and ya know the troops need to be properly equipped not out in the desert ghetto rigging armor on hummers and whatnot, it's not a good idea to be prepared financially for these things, better to send ill equipped troops into the field and make unnecessary sacrifices of those troops lives, because the money belongs in the market?

what the hell are you talking about?

this is about the claim of a budget surplus. meaning the amount of money left over after the quarter of a trillion dollars has been spent on defense

instead of spewing a thc induced rant about bush, try making a point

The extra money shouldn't be "kept" by the government, it should be spent! Energy, health care, infrastructure, national parks, even war, it doesn't really matter. The point is that surplus gives flexibility to allow us to push the issues that are important to us. That's how Keynesians would put money back into the market. Tax cuts don't work how they are intended. And, I.C, all financial consultants will tell you that sitting on cash is probably the worst investment you can make.

I can tell me and Mr. SemperFly won't agree. And that's cool too. :)

hakuna matata

So it looks like Obama is fast losing his appeal outside of his party. The two people he personally pushed lost last night. All exit polls were showing that a large number of Independents who voted Obama last time switched over to the GOP this time.

These election haven't got a damn thing to do with Obama. Deeds lost in virginia because his resume is shit.

These election haven't got a damn thing to do with Obama. Deeds lost in virginia because his resume is shit.

I was talking more on the Christie victory than on McDonnell. VA is a lost cause for most Dems. When Obama one that state it was the first time in like 40 plus years that VA voted Dem. And yes it has everything to do with Obama. He is currently the head of his party and the focal point for them and their issues. There was a sweeping GOP to Dem change last election and it's swinging back to GOP this cycle.

I was talking more on the Christie victory than on McDonnell. VA is a lost cause for most Dems. When Obama one that state it was the first time in like 40 plus years that VA voted Dem. And yes it has everything to do with Obama. He is currently the head of his party and the focal point for them and their issues. There was a sweeping GOP to Dem change last election and it's swinging back to GOP this cycle.

States that normally go GOP went back GOP, The GOP still has major image issues.

States that normally go GOP went back GOP, The GOP still has major image issues.

Of course they do. The GOP has to attempt to shake the past and the Dems have to be careful that they don't get burned on the present. The GOP lacks a decent front runner. There are a few in the mix that are being groomed but not one they have moved to the front yet. I think if it wasn't for Pelosi as Speaker of the House and her failure to move and motivate in the House things would be much different so far.

You are reading waaaaaaay too much into this.. A couple GOP's won a an election and that's supposed to mean the majority of people in the country want the president out? Things like changes in leadership will always happen no matter who is the president.

what the hell are you talking about?

this is about the claim of a budget surplus. meaning the amount of money left over after the quarter of a trillion dollars has been spent on defense

instead of spewing a thc induced rant about bush, try making a point

you said the government shouldn't operate with a surplus i'm pointing out what a bloody retarded point that is coming from someone who serves in the armed services, who's brothers in arms are suffering because of the philosophy you are spreading. i mean my dad got 100% disability because people of his generation work under a different system apparently but he would come back from the va hospital enraged weekly seeing kids with no legs arms etc... being asked to pay for prescriptions and various other coverage, when people that serve and get sent back in that condition should obviously have full coverage, but like minded people to you sold out the safety and security of our troops and your one of our troops.
have you spent any time in a va hospital?
are you in a position where you will serve in the middle east in the near future?
i just cant comprehend how one can support the system that puts you in unnecessary danger

you said the government shouldn't operate with a surplus i'm pointing out what a bloody retarded point that is coming from someone who serves in the armed services, who's brothers in arms are suffering because of the philosophy you are spreading. i mean my dad got 100% disability because people of his generation work under a different system apparently but he would come back from the va hospital enraged weekly seeing kids with no legs arms etc... being asked to pay for prescriptions and various other coverage, when people that serve and get sent back in that condition should obviously have full coverage, but like minded people to you sold out the safety and security of our troops and your one of our troops.
are you in a position where you will serve in the middle east in the near future?
i just cant comprehend how one can support the system that puts you in unnecessary danger

So what's your dollar limit per soldier? It can't be limitless, can it? $10,000 armor? $100,000 armor? $1,000,000 armor?

I always thought it was funny how people like my crazy uncle (in Texas of course) rant and rave about Obama being a goddamned commie queer lover and then go down to the VA hospital to get gov't subsidized treatment.

You're still not understanding the meaning of the word "surplus".

We spend over half a trillion dollars on defense as it is. That's not including additional funds for OEF, OIF17, whatever. The lack of appropriate hardware and veteran benefits is not due to a lack of funding.

Yes to both of your questions. Neither situation can be aided by the remaining money from a budget surplus because, by definition, a budget surplus is extra money after the main chunk of money has been allocated. The supposed "Clinton surplus" of a couple billion (not 230 billion, hence the shady accounting) would not have gone toward defense spending. Not one penny of that would have purchased a single flak jacket or round of 223.

Just because the government has extra money doesn't mean it will throw it into the military. Defense spending has to be authorized and such bills take nearly a year to get approval. Even funding for the GWOT required months of bickering in Congress before the funding was approved. It's asinine to think that any time the government has a surplus that the money would make it into the armed forces.

The better solution is to give the money back to the people and solve the military's financial issues at the source: stop spending money on stupid shit we don't need.

I always thought it was funny how people like my crazy uncle (in Texas of course) rant and rave about Obama being a goddamned commie queer lover and then go down to the VA hospital to get gov't subsidized treatment.

If it's because he's a veteran then it's a benefit he earned through his contract. It's like receiving health benefits from an employer after retirement. Different case if he was demanding benefits from a company he never worked for.

So what's your dollar limit per soldier? It can't be limitless, can it? $10,000 armor? $100,000 armor? $1,000,000 armor?

oh if you guys are gunna play dumb or are just uninformed im out, i don't like discussing politics with friends be they irl or internet ;)

oh if you guys are gunna play dumb or are just uninformed im out, i don't like discussing politics with friends be they irl or internet ;)

I haven't read much of this thread at all, and was only going off your last statement about putting troops in "unnecessary danger." It seemed a valid question. Feel free to ignore me though.