Obama lifts 20 year ban on US entry for those with HIV

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
President Barack Obama said Friday the U.S. will overturn a 20-year-old U.S. travel ban against people with HIV early next year.

The order will be finalized on Monday, Obama said, completing a process begun during the Bush administration.

I find it interesting when I researced the list of coutries who currently have a ban on HIV entry.

Brunei
China
Equatorial Guinea
Korea (South)
Papua New Guinea
Qatar
Russia
Singapore
Sudan
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
United States of America
Yemen

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091030/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_aids

Dude, what?

What could overturning this possibly accomplish?

This is especially funny since that idiot is constantly talking about Swine Flu is going to kill all of us.

Dude, what?

This is especially funny since that idiot is constantly talking about Swine Flu is going to kill all of us.
It's stopping discrimination on HIV people in that aspect... which America is weeellll versed at.

Dude, what?

Thats a silly ban. Sucks that it takes more legislation to get rid of it. I think every law should have a sunset built into it.

I thought it was weird when I came over here that I had to get a HIV test. I didn't understand at first. HIV is almost a non-issue in Australia. When I got here, and talked to some people and was educated how much on an issue HIV is, then it all started to make sense.

Now I could understand Australia making me get a test if I wanted to travel back there from here in the US..

I thought it was weird when I came over here that I had to get a HIV test. I didn't understand at first. HIV is almost a non-issue in Australia. When I got here, and talked to some people and was educated how much on an issue HIV is, then it all started to make sense.

Now I could understand Australia making me get a test if I wanted to travel back there from here in the US..

As part of your work visa? Do you have to fly back to AUS to renew it?

As part of your work visa? Do you have to fly back to AUS to renew it?

I had to get a test simply to get a visa. Any visa.

Australia renews my passport, and that can be done at the Embassy.

US DoS renews my visa, which the embassy takes care of for me.

I had to get a test simply to get a visa. Any visa.

Australia renews my passport, and that can be done at the Embassy.

US DoS renews my visa, which the embassy takes care of for me.

Weird. I was askin cause Jonny_B was telling us that he actually has to travel back to Canada to get his visa renewed. Maybe a different visa. Or maybe we just hate Canadians. Fucking Kiki and Celine Dion messing it up for everyone...

Weird. I was askin cause Jonny_B was telling us that he actually has to travel back to Canada to get his visa renewed. Maybe a different visa. Or maybe we just hate Canadians. Fucking Kiki and Celine Dion messing it up for everyone...

Don't forget those two fuckers with the hats.

That's a different visa that has a time limit. Mine is valid based on my employment at the embassy.

Don't forget those two fuckers with the hats.

dougandbob766.jpg

i don't have to, i choose to because renewing by mail is more expensive, and it doesn't let me use my wily charm to convince the border guards to give me another year. also, my dad lives within spitting distance of the border so it's not a big deal.

i didn't, however, have to get an AIDS test when I got my visa. they apparently know us canadians are a clean people.

completing a process begun during the Bush administration.

Sweet, I can't wait until one of my liberal friends brings this unban up in conversation, citing how its yet another example of the obamanation working hard to fight discrimination and bring about equality.

SUCK IT, BLUES

does anyone see any good reasons to lift this? do we really want aids infected people entering the country?