nothing says huntin' season like falling out of a treestand

Pandora said:
I remember seeing a documentary about wolf reintroduction at Yellowstone. Apparently the forests and plants had started disapperaring and they finally figured out it was because of the deer there. They were eating everything to the point where it was destroying the forests (and the habitat of other animals, who also began disappearing). The wolves brought the deer population back under control and the forests began to grow back. Course a lot of people were against the reintroduction, fearing for the safety of the campers and stuff. But if they didn't control the deer somehow there wouldn't be much of a park left!

People make such a stink about killing deer. But then they have no problem buying those nice clean prepackaged steaks they get at the grocery store. Or chicken that was raised in a cage so small the bird can't even turn around in it. That seems so much more inhumane to me. People are such hypocrites. The only reason they fuss about killing deer is because they are cute. If they were ugly, or more dangerious towards humans they'd be demanding that someone kill them. :rolleyes:

i saw that same show. it was really interesting, and i remember being very impressed that they figured it all out! i've always had a thing for wolves.

Pandora said:
People make such a stink about killing deer. But then they have no problem buying those nice clean prepackaged steaks they get at the grocery store. Or chicken that was raised in a cage so small the bird can't even turn around in it. That seems so much more inhumane to me. People are such hypocrites. The only reason they fuss about killing deer is because they are cute. If they were ugly, or more dangerious towards humans they'd be demanding that someone kill them. :rolleyes:
did i mention that you rock? :heart: i swear if we get deer this season you will be making chili sooner than you think :happy:

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's usually the redneck wannabe's, the REAL rednecks just go out in their overalls they're wearing for the farm later that day, get their deer, and go to work.
most of the time they'll take their guns with them on their tractor and shoot them right then and there
Coqui said:
I know they do for at least gun hunting. Don't know about bow.
nope, we don't have to wear blaze for bow season, although we took a patch of blaze with us for walking in and out of our stands (just in case)

Pandora said:
I remember seeing a documentary about wolf reintroduction at Yellowstone. Apparently the forests and plants had started disapperaring and they finally figured out it was because of the deer there. They were eating everything to the point where it was destroying the forests (and the habitat of other animals, who also began disappearing). The wolves brought the deer population back under control and the forests began to grow back. Course a lot of people were against the reintroduction, fearing for the safety of the campers and stuff. But if they didn't control the deer somehow there wouldn't be much of a park left!

Did you intend to make my point over again? :rolleyes:

I hope you bag a few this year. That's good, when I ate meat I liked Venisin. Hated fucking hunting. Too cold for me. :shiver:

I got to meet Jason Mraz this weekend. Had a smoke with him, it was amazing. He was the geek in my pink...

:drool: