nothing says huntin' season like falling out of a treestand

Bubbles said:
That's not what animal control says. They are relocated from residential areas into the wild all the time.
That's if animal control gets them. I'm talking about the time between Sept. 1 and October 7 when anyone with a permit is allowed to hunt gators 7' and over. HUNT them. It's encouraged.

F33nX said:
we have a freezer full of the stuff. if bill and i limit out this year, we're gonna try to find a way to send nifty christmas presents to atlanta :shifty:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Theac is already dreaming about venison chili. We were hoping to find some at the chili cook-off this year, but we were out of luck. Too bad Kroger doesn't carry bambi in their meat department. :fly:

fly said:
Maybe instead we should get natural deer predators back up to levels where NATURE can sustain the deer population. That sounds like a MUCH better solution to me, as you're doing damage to the deer population.

Predators cull out the weak in the population, where as you hunters want the biggest. The result severely fucks with evolution...

That said, I agree there are better topics.

Truely. I think it would be WAY COOL to have more big cats and wolves roaming around. Course parents would prolly start complaining when their kids get eaten or mauled. :rolleyes:

Pandora said:
Truely. I think it would be WAY COOL to have more big cats and wolves roaming around. Course parents would prolly start complaining when their kids get eaten or mauled. :rolleyes:

don't forget all the kitties and puppies making good dinners for them...:(

Pandora said:
they have introduced the wolf back into the adirondacks in recent years, and the deer population is still as out of control as ever. not all hunters want the big deer either, for many of us it's meat in the freezer. if you hunt muzzle/bow, you HAVE to take at LEAST one doe, not just the trophy bucks.

speaking of, monsterbuck was back out when bill's family was out spotting last week. this thing's gotta be a NY champ:eek:

I love the redneck hunters that go overboard and get things like camoflauge wallets. Are you going into your wallet in your tree stand and afraid the deer will see you? Lets see you find that wallet again after you accidentiall drop it dumbass.

F33nX said:
they have introduced the wolf back into the adirondacks in recent years, and the deer population is still as out of control as ever. not all hunters want the big deer either, for many of us it's meat in the freezer. if you hunt muzzle/bow, you HAVE to take at LEAST one doe, not just the trophy bucks.

speaking of, monsterbuck was back out when bill's family was out spotting last week. this thing's gotta be a NY champ:eek:

I remember seeing a documentary about wolf reintroduction at Yellowstone. Apparently the forests and plants had started disapperaring and they finally figured out it was because of the deer there. They were eating everything to the point where it was destroying the forests (and the habitat of other animals, who also began disappearing). The wolves brought the deer population back under control and the forests began to grow back. Course a lot of people were against the reintroduction, fearing for the safety of the campers and stuff. But if they didn't control the deer somehow there wouldn't be much of a park left!

People make such a stink about killing deer. But then they have no problem buying those nice clean prepackaged steaks they get at the grocery store. Or chicken that was raised in a cage so small the bird can't even turn around in it. That seems so much more inhumane to me. People are such hypocrites. The only reason they fuss about killing deer is because they are cute. If they were ugly, or more dangerious towards humans they'd be demanding that someone kill them. :rolleyes:

b_sinning said:
I love the redneck hunters that go overboard and get things like camoflauge wallets. Are you going into your wallet in your tree stand and afraid the deer will see you? Lets see you find that wallet again after you accidentiall drop it dumbass.
That's usually the redneck wannabe's, the REAL rednecks just go out in their overalls they're wearing for the farm later that day, get their deer, and go to work.

Pandora said:
People make such a stink about killing deer. But then they have no problem buying those nice clean prepackaged steaks they get at the grocery store. Or chicken that was raised in a cage so small the bird can't even turn around in it. That seems so much more inhumane to me. People are such hypocrites. The only reason they fuss about killing deer is because they are cute. If they were ugly, or more dangerious towards humans they'd be demanding that someone kill them. :rolleyes:

Heall yeah! Free range ANYTHING tastes better than the cattle/poultry mill stuff

b_sinning said:

Dont a lot of states require the bright orange vest while hunting?
I think deer are colorblind anyways.