nothing says huntin' season like falling out of a treestand

theacoustician said:
I guess this means I can stop waiting by the door for my venison to come in the mail, eh?
you realize this was the first of probably 10 hunting trips this season? and that between bill and me we still have 7 tags? yeesh:p

F33nX said:
it's the best thing to happen to the compound bow aside from doinkers. the plastic rests, even the drop tine rests don't give nearly the arrow stability that this does. it's quick loading, and the arrow can be held tight and wiggle-free with just slight pressure from the index finger. try sitting up in a tree or stand with the wind blowing with a bloody sharp broadhead on the end of an arrow. it takes less worry out of maintaining stability and puts more focus on waiting/aiming

No kidding. Interesting....

Sarcasmo said:
No kidding. Interesting....
indeed. if you look at the picture, the black triangle at the bottom is what the arrow rests on, the brown whiskers are where the fletching flies through (side note, you can't use helical fletching with this rest effectively, but that's not a problem for me). the black part is stiffer than the rest of it, so it really leaves the spine of the arrow all the momentum it needs to just fly straight and accurately. it helps too, as we discovered this weekend, to have the nock set up so that the two henvanes are straddling the black part.

I think you should just tie fake antlers onto your head and you can kill as many as you want if you can do it with only the antlers. Now that is sporting!

b_sinning said:
I think you should just tie fake antlers onto your head and you can kill as many as you want if you can do it with only the antlers. Now that is sporting!
:lol: that would be awesome, and i'd dare anyone to try it. but, these bucks have been rubbing and scraping all year, and their neck muscles are like steel bars compared to mine.

whisker biscuit whisker biscuit whisker biscuit whisker biscuit

F33nX said:
i'd honestly rather see my bf's family farm not get destroyed by deer and not see them sporting tire tracks on the side of the road.
There comes a point when we have to stop worrying about nature's impact on humanity and start worrying about human impact on nature. :p

fly said:
There comes a point when we have to stop worrying about nature's impact on humanity and start worrying about human impact on nature. :p
which is why hunters are allowed to help maintain the balance of the ecosystems that they cherish so much:p

fly said:
look at it this way hon, hunters are people chosen by the EPA/local DEC to help the environment on a large-type scale. we help preserve the balance of stuff where others not so inclined as us throw it out of balance, even if they don't know it. i'd rather leave the driving force to people like us than let it fall into the hands of ignorant people. we each spend hundreds of dollars (if not thousands when buying new equipment) and a big portion of that money goes directly to conservation and education.

i could talk about this stuff til i'm blue in the face, but there's more interesting conversation to be had

F33nX said:
look at it this way hon, hunters are people chosen by the EPA/local DEC to help the environment on a large-type scale. we help preserve the balance of stuff where others not so inclined as us throw it out of balance, even if they don't know it. i'd rather leave the driving force to people like us than let it fall into the hands of ignorant people. we each spend hundreds of dollars (if not thousands when buying new equipment) and a big portion of that money goes directly to conservation and education.

i could talk about this stuff til i'm blue in the face, but there's more interesting conversation to be had
Maybe instead we should get natural deer predators back up to levels where NATURE can sustain the deer population. That sounds like a MUCH better solution to me, as you're doing damage to the deer population.

Predators cull out the weak in the population, where as you hunters want the biggest. The result severely fucks with evolution...

That said, I agree there are better topics.

fly said:
Maybe instead we should get natural deer predators back up to levels where NATURE can sustain the deer population. That sounds like a MUCH better solution to me, as you're doing damage to the deer population.

Predators cull out the weak in the population, where as you hunters want the biggest. The result severely fucks with evolution...

So what do you do about alligator overpopulation in Florida? After they're a certain size, they no longer have any predators.

fly said:

Tell ya what, you an' I can go sit up on the ridge at the ChikkenRanch for a few hours at night and listen to the pack of coyotes getting closer :D