nothing says huntin' season like falling out of a treestand

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
i'll have some crazy pics later from this weekend's adventures (and some of my bow too, hopefully)

i almost had the chance to take a big doe this weekend, but the two bambi sized fawns were too interested in the "thing in the ghilli suit up in the metal tree" for their mom to be comfortable around me. had i drawn my bow, i would have been busted. woulda been mighty tasty tho :drool:

saturday morning on our first watch, i was trying to convince myself that i should go into the stand that pogosuzi's dad wanted me to sit in. picture a dead tree with too many branches and a halfass bucket on a platform directly over a set of metal rungs on a pole loosely tied to a tree. first i tried to get my haul line set up, and when i got to the top there was no way i was sitting in the stand. on my way back down, the pole ladder gave way and i fell the rest of the way down. luckily i didn't break anything on me (my whisker biscuit on my bow was shot to hell tho:mad: ) and was out again that night.

moral of the story: even on the worst days, it's still worth it:)

how was everyone else's weekend?

Well I don't know where they come from
But they sure do come
I hope they're comin' for me
And I don't know how they do it
But they sure do it good
I hope they're doin' it for free

They give me cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever

Well the first time that I got it
I was just 10 years old
I got it from some kitty next door
Well I went and seen the doctor
And he gave me the cure
I think I got it some more

They give me cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
I got it bad scratch fever
Cat scratch fever

It's nothin' dangerous
I feel no pain
I got to cha-cha change
You know you got it
When your'e goin' insane
It makes a grown man cry,cry
Oh won't you make my bed

Well I make a pussy purr
With the stroke of my hand
They know they're gettin' it from me
And they know just where to go
When they need their lovin' man
They know I'm doin' it for free

I give 'em cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
They got it bad scratch fever

Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever

Ma171aC said:
i redecorated..

Dont kill bambi please :(
i had a pretty awesome moment with the fawn and its mother...the mom didn't give me a clear shot so i was just looking at her, waiting for her to 1. take one more step and 2. stop friggin staring at me. the fawn walked up to its mom and started nuzzling with her. i couldn't help but go "awww", and then proceed to take aim again.

bill got a pretty sweet shot of the fawn that was near him with the camera, i'll post it later

At least you're bow hunting. There is some sport and skill. Unlike the people with high power scopes, semi-automatic rifles, and tons of bait.

I just never got into hunting much to my dad's and brother in laws despair. I get bored after the first few hours hanging out sitting as still as possible in a tree. And me bored with a rifle probably isn't a good thing.

F33nX said:
i had a pretty awesome moment with the fawn and its mother...the mom didn't give me a clear shot so i was just looking at her, waiting for her to 1. take one more step and 2. stop friggin staring at me. the fawn walked up to its mom and started nuzzling with her. i couldn't help but go "awww", and then proceed to take aim again.

bill got a pretty sweet shot of the fawn that was near him with the camera, i'll post it later
so wait. you were going to kill a mother? thats nice. what would the babies have done?

fly said:
so wait. you were going to kill a mother? thats nice. what would the babies have done?

waited around for her to pull out two more arrows, that's my guess anyways

fly said:
they were early drops, they could have fended for themselves. the deer population up there is literally out of control, because the does are way out of balance with the bucks. they need to be dealt with

theacoustician said:
omfg no :lol:
moar like this:
i416145sq03.jpg