FYI NOT a relocation

how will the tax situation differ between the two options? I imagine that even if you're getting a raise being relocated for work allows you to deduct some if not all of those expenses. it might make a significant difference

If I get the raise, it will affect my income tax for sure (my salary would be higher). If the company reimburses my expenses, it doesn't modify my income tax all that much.

If I get the raise, it will affect my income tax for sure (my salary would be higher). If the company reimburses my expenses, it doesn't modify my income tax all that much.

right but if you're relocating to a work site but maintaining a residence elsewhere you can claim a number of the expenses and offset the higher income tax. look into that, it may save you a lot more on top of the raise

right but if you're relocating to a work site but maintaining a residence elsewhere you can claim a number of the expenses and offset the higher income tax. look into that, it may save you a lot more on top of the raise

Yes. If have work expenses (like a temporary residence) that the company doesn't reemburse directly (like if I take option 2), then I can deduct that. Hmm, this option is looking better and better.

Sounds like this is just an issue you and Chim need to talk through and decide - if he's willing to compromise for the year then go for it - if it would be too hard then think about passing it up - nobody here knows your relationship like you do :heart: