FYI NOT a relocation

love ya dear, but there is no such thing as "Monogamish" at all. You either are or you aren't. Really nothing in between.

i suppose he's splitting it out between physical and emotional. He's emotionally monogamous to chim, but takes it up the butt from anyone who comes calling.

if you've got a decent savings, and considered it an amortized increase over the next X years, it might become more justifiable, but you'd have to go into it knowing you're taking a loss the first year. Not sure how stable the employer is, if you dont plan to stay there, the promise of continued increase isnt worth much.

While I might not make much (at all) if I take option 2 in that first year, it will be a HEALTHY bonus for me every other year when I am back home.

While I might not make much (at all) if I take option 2 in that first year, it will be a HEALTHY bonus for me every other year when I am back home.

company is someplace you plan to be for a while?

Its a very unique offer, I wonder if they were planning to bump up your salary/promote you anyway and are just using this as leverage

o_O That... Is this downtown? 1 mile from downtown is all ghetto. White people's dont live there.

I figured if I am working downtown, what's available close by. An all utilities-included place one mile away was $585 a month. Even if it's a "rough" area, my walk would be short, I wouldn't have anything of value, and I would be saving money to pay for my money pit in Texas.

company is someplace you plan to be for a while?

Its a very unique offer, I wonder if they were planning to bump up your salary/promote you anyway and are just using this as leverage

now that you mention it, they might have done that. But I have been with the company for 12 years now. I am not planning on moving, especially if I can change up my job like this.

I figured if I am working downtown, what's available close by. An all utilities-included place one mile away was $585 a month. Even if it's a "rough" area, my walk would be short, I wouldn't have anything of value, and I would be saving money to pay for my money pit in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're feeling pressured to do this because of the house issue in Houston...that sucks. BUT, again, if it pays off in the long run...