Nocturnal Emissions

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
Sooooooooooooooooo, it has finally happened...

For years I've had a recurring dream about being out dj'ing somewhere and things go wrong. Usually it's digging in crates and not being able to find ONE single song that's any good. In this dream (probably 4 or 5 times a year for the last 10 or so years) I am usually booked out of town, meaning I've kind of got to be extra good.. as opposed to just being at a regular spot i work all the time. But I just flip through the crate from record to record to record and can't find anything to play. Of course the song is ALWAYS just about to end and I can't find anything to play next.

Sometimes the tone arm just kind of breaks and I'm stuck trying to hold the needle on the record.. adrenaline picks up, i get real nervous, anxiety, etc. in the dream it's really quite terrifying.

Well, last night, for the FIRST time, this recurring dream featured the computer program Serato, LOL. it's basically a program that allows you to use your vinyl or CD players while accessing a hard drive full of music (we've discussed this I know, but...). I want to say I've been using it for about a year, maybe 18 months. But last night I KEPT trying to find good songs on the hard drive and all these weird things kept popping up.. CD covers, weird #'s, bad songs, computer gibberish in general. It even got so bad at one point that we just went to dead air.. which is a NO NO in entertainment.

i know this is bloggy, but I thought it rather monumental.

anyone else have a recurring dream? have it recently?

/super blog

Yeah, but it's really odd, and I'm hesitant to analyze it.

I dream I go through some odd, nonsensical ritual to become some all powerful demon, and then, once I become the demon, I can't use my demon powers for shit, so I'm a failure at being a vessel of all encompassing evil, and am just left with a set of big ass horns.

My plans for ruling the world are so fucked.

Every once in a while I'll have one where I'm waiting tables alone and the dining room goes from empty to full in like 5 mins...

I haven't worked hospitality ft in like 10 years either...it still haunts me.

As a kid I had one where we were riding in a huge, wooden boat hull that we couldn't see over teh top of. My St Bernard, Chris, was always in it with me. It was big, like 40 feet, and it was just a hull. I believe it was on a large lake.

I used to have one where the Kool Aid man was a ghost and he would disappear and reappear.

I've had a lot of dreams that have very similar situations, locations, etc. I've dreamt of one particular house that doesn't exist like 20 times.

I remember all of mine lately. And I've been having some doozies.

Last night I went from a semi truck driver, to a broken down fishing boat captain, to a college football player waiting to get drafted, all in one dream.

My son has been having nightmares about crocodiles this past week for some strange reason.

I remember all of mine lately. And I've been having some doozies.

Last night I went from a semi truck driver, to a broken down fishing boat captain, to a college football player waiting to get drafted, all in one dream.

you're whacked out on pain meds...whatcha expect? :p