Hawt NFL Deserves Its Own Thread - THIS ONE

I'm sure that unwarranted and unpunished police violence against black people ended yesterday then, right?

It's not about that it's about time and place. I'm all for anyone voicing their opinion but the ending is not going to be what they want. The will continue to lose viewers strictly over people not wanting politics in their entertainment (which they use to get away from politics). Ultimately killing the league. It's really no different if someone was at a movie and at that movie the actors showed up and started protesting something demanding something changed. And the kept doing it. Eventually people would either start walking out and stop going to that movie. Not over the message but over the time and place of it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
I'm sure that unwarranted and unpunished police violence against black people ended yesterday then, right?

And like I said before if they really want to force change then do something that forces change. Be willing to give up their paychecks and walk out. Don't just complain and raise a fist because that does zero. The first few who did it got people talking about the issue but now it turned into just people taking about them doing the act and nothing about the issue.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and nukes

Also thepl ayers protesting had no issue stopping their protests during the offseason. They had no issue taking their money and going to Hawaii and other resort islands instead of even keeping the conversation moving. Outside of Michael Bennet there wasn't a peep from any of them. So what I'm saying is if they want to help with change I think they should and we should all take part. But the way they are doing it isn't working.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
It's not about that it's about time and place. I'm all for anyone voicing their opinion but the ending is not going to be what they want. The will continue to lose viewers strictly over people not wanting politics in their entertainment (which they use to get away from politics). Ultimately killing the league. It's really no different if someone was at a movie and at that movie the actors showed up and started protesting something demanding something changed. And the kept doing it. Eventually people would either start walking out and stop going to that movie. Not over the message but over the time and place of it.
"Time and place" is a red herring. For a lot of people, including NFL viewers, there is no "time or place" where it's acceptable for a black man to express an opinion.

I'm beyond giving half a fuck what people who don't understand have to say about anyone elses' constitutional rights.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Mrs. Valve
"Time and place" is a red herring. For a lot of people, including NFL viewers, there is no "time or place" where it's acceptable for a black man to express an opinion.

I'm beyond giving half a fuck what people who don't understand have to say about anyone elses' constitutional rights.

It's not their constitutional right to protest at their place of employment.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
That's another red herring.

They absolutely have a right to free speech that includes kneeling for the national anthem.

You have a right to do what you want at work but not without potential repercussions. I'm sure if you started every morning at your office with a protest (doesn't matter what over) your boss would eventually have a discussion with you especially if it started to impact the product they were delivering.

You have a right to do what you want at work but not without potential repercussions. I'm sure if you started every morning at your office with a protest (doesn't matter what over) your boss would eventually have a discussion with you especially if it started to impact the product they were delivering.
See? You actually agree with me. I'm glad we could come to this understanding.

• Gravy
Reactions: Floptical