Ontopic Name the next Elder Scrolls Game

morrowind still holds a special place in my heart for the freedom that you could truly do ANYTHING.

Also, cliff racers.

And marveling at the water the first time you get off the boat

And the dude falling out of the sky right outside town

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
The Elder Scrolls is a series of games with a rich history/lore, the most recent being TES V: Skyrim, mostly just called Skyrim. there's technically been other stuff released (mobile games, online games) but of the like, "main" series, that's 5. there were a lot of memes about it, and they persisted for a long while, but at this point we are coming up on the 10th anniversary of its release and they just keep reissuing it on new consoles, so now a lot of the memes are about that (e.g. the joke about releasing it for smart fridge)

#6 has been announced, but details are fairly scarce (that's the basis of this thread).

#4 was Oblivion which was also fairly popular and still pops up in memes. I still love Oblivion.

#3 was Morrowind which I'd say was popular with gamers but I don't think had the widespread appeal/accessibility of 4&5. at the time it came out, gaming was still a fair bit more "exclusive" than it is now, so it was successful but not AS successful as 4 & 5 were - like it was as successful as you'd have expected it to have been amongst gamers, but 4 and especially 5 brought in a lot more "casual" gamers.

#2 was Daggerfall which was technically my first TES game but I found it harder to "figure out" than Diablo so I mostly stuck with the latter.

#1 was Arena and I have zero experience with it.
it was fairly groundbreaking, but I was like 7 when it was released and we didn't have a computer until I was in middle school, so by the time I had a computer, Daggerfall was out (and had been out long enough that we got it on discount which is the only reason we got it lol).

someone else is probably better qualified to talk about Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind, but I've sunk thousands of hours into Oblivion and Skyrim across several different platforms :lol:

I started to read that and wondered if I needed a 3 wood off the tee or could go balls-out with a driver.

I'm pretty sure it was Morrowind that taught me to not go around testing a new weapon on random NPCs.
I seem to remember killing someone that made a good part of the quests unobtainable .

The thing is, it was ok to live on in the cursed world cause there was so much to do. Yeah, you couldnt finish the game, but most the side quests were still available.

And lets be honest.... sometimes the main quest aint the priority. I actually think i never finished skyrim. Doesnt mean i didnt put hundreds of hours into it

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
I probably spent more hours climbing mountains cause i could than anything else, Climb mountiain... oooh, cool cave!

and in im Blackreach again.

But when it wasnt blackreach, it was some super cool dwemer ruin, or an ice spider cave, or something else fun

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I played Skyrim all the way through, then made a new character , got to a certain point in the main story line, then just did whatever I felt like. Mostly exploring every possible point on the map. One side to the other without fast travel so I wouldn't miss anything.

The thing is, it was ok to live on in the cursed world cause there was so much to do. Yeah, you couldnt finish the game, but most the side quests were still available.

And lets be honest.... sometimes the main quest aint the priority. I actually think i never finished skyrim. Doesnt mean i didnt put hundreds of hours into it
I was an unkillable god, before I remembered there was a main quest after Whiterun.

Is there a Skyrim that can be modded on the new xbox?

I'm a baby and only ever played vanilla Skyrim, and only one character. Several hundred hours.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I don’t know what it is LOL
I didn't either, which meant it was most likely something to do with a videogame or one of those wizard fantasy series on Netflix or something.

That reminds me I have this backpack I've had for years. Use it as an emergency pack of sorts I keep in the truck in case I break down or get stranded and have to hoof it. Also throw it on when we take the bikes out as it always has plenty of water in it, and some snacks and a few other oh shit type items.

It has a couple patches or symbols on it I never knew what they were. A few weeks ago an 11 year-old let me know they were characters or symbols or something to do with the Lord of the rings or one of those JR Tolkien books/movies/games.
I never knew the whole time, lol. Almost looked like some school lettermens jacket type stuff to me.

20210918_145431_resize_74.jpg

20210918_145437_resize_62.jpg

20210918_145450_resize_87.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I didn't either, which meant it was most likely something to do with a videogame or one of those wizard fantasy series on Netflix or something.

That reminds me I have this backpack I've had for years. Use it as an emergency pack of sorts I keep in the truck in case I break down or get stranded and have to hoof it. Also throw it on when we take the bikes out as it always has plenty of water in it, and some snacks and a few other oh shit type items.

It has a couple patches or symbols on it I never knew what they were. A few weeks ago an 11 year-old let me know they were characters or symbols or something to do with the Lord of the rings or one of those JR Tolkien books/movies/games.
I never knew the whole time, lol. Almost looked like some school lettermens jacket type stuff to me.

View attachment 14920

View attachment 14921

View attachment 14922
That's House of Slytherin, from Harry Potter. So it's is like a letterman, but magic.

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer