Ontopic Name the next Elder Scrolls Game

I don’t know what it is LOL
The Elder Scrolls is a series of games with a rich history/lore, the most recent being TES V: Skyrim, mostly just called Skyrim. there's technically been other stuff released (mobile games, online games) but of the like, "main" series, that's 5. there were a lot of memes about it, and they persisted for a long while, but at this point we are coming up on the 10th anniversary of its release and they just keep reissuing it on new consoles, so now a lot of the memes are about that (e.g. the joke about releasing it for smart fridge)

#6 has been announced, but details are fairly scarce (that's the basis of this thread).

#4 was Oblivion which was also fairly popular and still pops up in memes. I still love Oblivion.

#3 was Morrowind which I'd say was popular with gamers but I don't think had the widespread appeal/accessibility of 4&5. at the time it came out, gaming was still a fair bit more "exclusive" than it is now, so it was successful but not AS successful as 4 & 5 were - like it was as successful as you'd have expected it to have been amongst gamers, but 4 and especially 5 brought in a lot more "casual" gamers.

#2 was Daggerfall which was technically my first TES game but I found it harder to "figure out" than Diablo so I mostly stuck with the latter.

#1 was Arena and I have zero experience with it.
it was fairly groundbreaking, but I was like 7 when it was released and we didn't have a computer until I was in middle school, so by the time I had a computer, Daggerfall was out (and had been out long enough that we got it on discount which is the only reason we got it lol).

someone else is probably better qualified to talk about Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind, but I've sunk thousands of hours into Oblivion and Skyrim across several different platforms :lol:

The distinctive bit about them is that they are completely open world games, you can go anywhere, in any order, and there is stuff to discover and do that you just find during exploration.

The other thing is that they are very very moddable, and the lifetime of modern elder scrolls games is extended like 10X because of the modding community for them that does everything from make the game keep up with modern graphics, to design entirely new games into the engine

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and august