My story for the day

I can't claim to understand this fear of rats, but you all sound like a bunch of pussies.
I used to date a this guy who was a six foot tall 200 lb marine. One night we were hanging out at his house and this cute little mouse ran across the floor. In two seconds, my brave marine was standing on the couch screaming like a girl. It was one of the funniest things I ever saw. He wouldn't come back into the room until I had hearded up the mouse and got it out of the house. He wanted me to kill it, but I couldn't see the point in all of that.

If it really bothers you so much to have rats around, get a cat. They are fantastic at taking care of such problems.

eileenbunny said:
I can't claim to understand this fear of rats, but you all sound like a bunch of pussies.
I used to date a this guy who was a six foot tall 200 lb marine. One night we were hanging out at his house and this cute little mouse ran across the floor. In two seconds, my brave marine was standing on the couch screaming like a girl. It was one of the funniest things I ever saw. He wouldn't come back into the room until I had hearded up the mouse and got it out of the house. He wanted me to kill it, but I couldn't see the point in all of that.

If it really bothers you so much to have rats around, get a cat. They are fantastic at taking care of such problems.

I think I would have posted this story on his regimental website if I were you. If they have one, and in this day and age they probably do. And a pic of you flipping him the bird. That's just too embarrassing not to tell his friends.

KNYTE said:
I will come to your house and kill the best for $5,000. Please be aware that I cannot be held responsible for any damage to property due to the following as well as any unforseen eventualities which may also occur as part of the rodent extermination process:

Fire
Explosions
Stray bullets
Nuclear Waste
Toxic Waste
Electro-Magnetic Pulse
Tank Treads
Power Tools
Plane crashes
Claymore Mines
Gang Gun Battles
Rhino Stampede
Elephant Stampede
Gerbil Stampede

Yea, have him tell you all about his beetle experience.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I take it the beetles won and you have learned to co-exist peacefully?

Considering there was a firecracker involved I'm pretty sure the beetle did not survive. It was this massive thing that hitched a ride in our truck coming back down from the mountains.

kiwi said:
Considering there was a firecracker involved I'm pretty sure the beetle did not survive. It was this massive thing that hitched a ride in our truck coming back down from the mountains.

Yes, and he won't be making the mistake of hitch-hiking ever again will he!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We used to have a possum problem at my parent's house. Imagine a rat but 4 times as big and hisses at you.

At any rate...was out in the garage, my dad and I were putting together a science project when one of the big ass bastards went running across the rafters.

My dad grabbed a D battery from the project and chucked it at the thing, hitting it square in the ribs and knocking it 10 feet to the concrete floor. Must have broke its back or something because the thing was twitching and hissing but couldn't run away.

I think at that point we both screamed like little girls and beat it with shovels while dancing around it on our tip toes, wailing and yelling.

Your story telling skills are superb sir. I suggest filleting him and feeding it to fly.

eileenbunny said:

Unfortunatly we are not cat people and neither are our dogs. It's the 90 lb dogs and and the rabies and other shit they could contract from vermin that worries me. Not to mention that we have a doggie door that leads into the house from the garage, and we can't find the door that is supposed to fit over the rubber that closes after the animals. I doubt anyone would be happy to open their eyes from a dead sleep and see a RAT staring back at you because you left a popsickle wrapper on the nightstand.

Candy said:
Unfortunatly we are not cat people and neither are our dogs. It's the 90 lb dogs and and the rabies and other shit they could contract from vermin that worries me. Not to mention that we have a doggie door that leads into the house from the garage, and we can't find the door that is supposed to fit over the rubber that closes after the animals. I doubt anyone would be happy to open their eyes from a dead sleep and see a RAT staring back at you because you left a popsickle wrapper on the nightstand.

So stop eating popsicles in bed. :D

Bubbles said:
So stop eating popsicles in bed. :D

LOL. I knew that was coming...

You know, shawndavid also has a pistacio habit and sometimes falls asleep mid stream chowing those things. Believe me, I find the pieces in bed every morning since we bought them.

EDIT: See thread about being in bed all day long...

we have a dual method of euthanasia for our rats: overexposure to CO2 and then cutting their hearts out of their chests. totally harmless to the animal (it dies in its sleep when gassed).

...so uh...enlighten me. If they're already dead the point of cutting their hearts from their chests is....?

Or are you currently employed at the Temple of Doom, starting at a low base pay and harnessing your skills on rats before climbing the corporate Aztec ladder to supervisor where you pull the hearts from the chests of real people?

Candy said:
I never fly without a rubber over my door.