My dog is a carpet muncher

Lu was pretty bad, and she had already had her bordatella (sp?) vaccinations but got it anyway. We had to put her on 3 different antibiotics, not at once, we tried one for a week and she didn't get better, so we tried another... and so on. She was 11 weeks old when we got her and 3.5 pounds, we had her at the vet once a week for the first 4-5 months. She still goes regularly, at least every 3 months.

She mostly had yellow and green coming out of her nose, her nose was always crusty. She coughs as much now as she did then but she doesn't have the fevers or discharge anymore so we're thinking being sick so young made her more prone to allergies and stuff.

Oh sheet, thats bad. :eek:

Oh sheet, thats bad. :eek:

It's sad because she'll be running around being a puppy and then just stop in the middle and start coughing and hacking. Like smoker's cough. But if she's outside walking too much, or running around or even playing fetch inside, after about 2-3 minutes she's coughing and hacking.

:lol: She's actually the reason our house turned into a strictly non-smoking house.

Thanks fly, you reminded me of the excercise issue - ChikkenPup's destructive tendencies early on were pretty much cured by getting 1-2hrs of walking or off-leash playing outside a day.

Of course, Corgi's are somewhat mellow and easy to train.

Bast and JJ's corgi, while cute, is pretty excitable when there is a ball around. :lol:

I will NOT have a dog destroy my house or its contents. If you wanna live in a shithole, feel free. Montana has more than enough room to move around and the house is nothing more than a bigger crate. And again, as Chikken says, all she is gonna do when we aren't there is sleep.

If you're not gonna crate it, a possible solution to the carpet problem is to take the dog on very long walks, or teach it to run on a treadmill. A tired dog won't do that kind of stuff. Montana has gotten much better about it now that we take her on long (45+ minute) walks. She'll also be going for a run with me tonight as well...

I don't live in a shithole and dogs don't destroy the contents of my home because I don't have a dog. :fly:

746e02f95e97cd.jpg

Bast and JJ's corgi, while cute, is pretty excitable when there is a ball around. :lol:

Oh yeah, she gets exciteable - but nothing like a spaniel, that's for sure. :fly:

Our neighbors have a springer spaniel that we call 'Octodog' because all you see is legs moving in every direction. We had him upstairs at our place briefly when we were watching him, and he immediately attacked (Slobbered) one of our cats and literally made him cry. ChikkenPup, being a herding dog, recognized the assault on one of HER animals and beat the piss out of the much larger and stronger dog :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't live in a shithole and dogs don't destroy the contents of my home because I don't have a dog. :fly:

:( My house isn't a shithole either, it's just got problem carpets. I really honestly think that any carpet with as many animals as we have is just a very bad idea.

I bet you are so glad that you started this thread.

Actually I'm glad I didn't start it at genmay :fly: This place is a breeze in comparison.

I thought the first post was funny though. I had actually started that out as an email to my mom and SchmilK. He laughed and started a fwd: chain with it.

:( My house isn't a shithole either, it's just got problem carpets. I really honestly think that any carpet with as many animals as we have is just a very bad idea.

your house isn't a shithole despite the number of animals because you can keep them under control without resorting to such draconian measures of incarceration

Last edited:
your house isn't a shithole despite the number of animals because you can keep them under control without resorting to such draconian measures of incarceration

And I buy a lot of carpet cleaner.

edit: if I really had them under control I wouldn't have gaping holes all over my carpets :eek:

Fly, Ape...

Is it to hot to keep the pup outside on the porch? I am not sure how hot that porch gets so I figured it might be a good suggestion, I remember a good amount of fans. I am sure he would enjoy the constant birds and view. Prolly to hot though