Ontopic Muslim Ban

it is and it isnt.

im gonna shock, SHOCK you all with this... but
I'm trying to see Trumps side of this.
he's been harsh yes, but in ALL honesty, the vetting should have been done AGES AGO!
CAREFULLY SCREENING EVERY SINGLE PERSON COMING INTO THE USA!,
why??? cuz you guys are such a huge threat. most of you coddled americans living in a bubble are not even aware how BAD people (islamic or others) want to blow your fucking brains out.
how is no one seeing this as that?

LETS NOT FOCUS ON HIS HARSHNESS, HIS ORANGEY SKIN OR ASSHOLEY TYPE LIPS.
the task at hand!!

its a HARSH security measure.
trump os ding this so no one can come in and grew them little cells in your own backyard and blow his brains out.

does it suck that Johnny Mohammed who's a straight laced dude who pays his taxes and contributes to the USA ?? YES!!! omg it totally sucks. but how else could this have been done?

unpopular post I'm sure. but y'all need to see both sides
If it would keep you out as well then I'm all for it.

and the countries he is specifically targeting are not the countries the terrorists have come from, those countries are ones where he has business interests and are suspiciously not on the ban list

there has already been an increase in the vetting process. the people being turned away and detained right now are people who have ALREADY BEEN VETTED and in some cases already have green cards and established lives here in the US.
yes, i understand that. which sucks so bad for them.
the ban is for what 30 days?
I'm sure johnny mohammed will be back in the usa soon. maybe he can sue the government ?

trump did this to keep out the radicals, the johnny mohammeds got caught in the cross fire

he's been harsh yes, but in ALL honesty, the vetting should have been done AGES AGO!
Toots, the vetting has been done. I don't think there's been an islamic terrorist that's killed a US citizen in America that hasn't been in the US for five years or more. How do you vet that? How do you prevent someone from changing in that time? Hell, 5 years ago I wasn't married, I think I was still in the Air Force. My entire world has changed, how would you vet that?

I think that all of the terrorists after 9/11 have been American Citizens. Do you know how long and involved the citizenship path is?

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
yes, i understand that. which sucks so bad for them.
the ban is for what 30 days?
I'm sure johnny mohammed will be back in the usa soon. maybe he can sue the government ?

trump did this to keep out the radicals, the johnny mohammeds got caught in the cross fire
Trump's executive order bars citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States for the next 90 days and suspends the admission of all refugees for 120 days.

that includes for folks with green cards and lives and jobs and families already established here

and if they're not sending them back and not releasing them, they are detaining them.

and the 90 and 120 days figures are just the *minimums*, they can and may detain them longer if they feel like it

lets hear your tune after the next deadly attack on american soil.

WAAAAAAH WHY DIDNT THEY PROTECT US
WAAAAAAH WHO LET THESE MUSLIMS IN
WAAAAAAH WHY DOES THIS ANTHRAX TASTE LIKE SWEET AND LOW
AMEEEERRRKAAAAAAAH

yawn.
You're speaking from a vast well of ignorance. I've never blamed the govt for letting people in. Most commonly I blame the American electorate for allowing elected officials to pacify the American citizenry with placebos instead of ensuring that there is actually a change, that something is done to prevent it from happening next time

and because he is making exceptions for non-Muslims, it is a religious ban as well
this is what kills me...

when y'all got blown up in 2001... you guys couldnt chant loud enough FUCK MUSLIMS!!!!
Even attacking poor innocent muslims that were just as much victims

but fck here y'all are, singing a different tune.

if the previous vetting was SOOOO GOOD then how are these people getting in?
Toots, the vetting has been done. I don't think there's been an islamic terrorist that's killed a US citizen in America that hasn't been in the US for five years or more. How do you vet that? How do you prevent someone from changing in that time? Hell, 5 years ago I wasn't married, I think I was still in the Air Force. My entire world has changed, how would you vet that?

I think that all of the terrorists after 9/11 have been American Citizens. Do you know how long and involved the citizenship path is?
i have an idea since it took my mom 7 years
and in canada it took me 4.

i think i have an idea tits, i mean toots.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
John McCain's statement on the Muslim ban:

Our government has a responsibility to defend our borders, but we must do so in a way that makes us safer and upholds all that is decent and exceptional about our nation.

It is clear from the confusion at our airports across the nation that President Trump’s executive order was not properly vetted. We are particularly concerned by reports that this order went into effect with little to no consultation with the Departments of State, Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security.

Such a hasty process risks harmful results. We should not stop green-card holders from returning to the country they call home. We should not stop those who have served as interpreters for our military and diplomats from seeking refuge in the country they risked their lives to help. And we should not turn our backs on those refugees who have been shown through extensive vetting to pose no demonstrable threat to our nation, and who have suffered unspeakable horrors, most of them women and children.

Ultimately, we fear this executive order will become a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism. At this very moment, American troops are fighting side-by-side with our Iraqi partners to defeat ISIL. But this executive order bans Iraqi pilots from coming to military bases in Arizona to fight our common enemies. Our most important allies in the fight against ISIL are the vast majority of Muslims who reject its apocalyptic ideology of hatred. This executive order sends a signal, intended or not, that America does not want Muslims coming into our country. That is why we fear this executive order may do more to help terrorist recruitment than improve our security.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
John McCain's statement on the Muslim ban:

Such a hasty process risks harmful results. We should not stop green-card holders from returning to the country they call home. We should not stop those who have served as interpreters for our military and diplomats from seeking refuge in the country they risked their lives to help. And we should not turn our backs on those refugees who have been shown through extensive vetting to pose no demonstrable threat to our nation, and who have suffered unspeakable horrors, most of them women and children.
this is soooooooo true

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Some of them are born in Chicago. Some of them are born in Virginia. Some of them are born in New York. Some of them are born in California. Then, there are people that are not from any of the countries on the list Trump gave out.

Let's say that there does deserve to be a list, why the fuck are there people on there from countries that have nothing to do with terrorist attacks on us?

this is what kills me...

when y'all got blown up in 2001... you guys couldnt chant loud enough FUCK MUSLIMS!!!!
Even attacking poor innocent muslims that were just as much victims

but fck here y'all are, singing a different tune.

i have an idea since it took my mom 7 years
and in canada it took me 4.

i think i have an idea tits, i mean toots.
"you guys"
have you EVER heard or seen me say that? as someone who was at ground zero helping the day after the attack, I cannot and have never stood for using it as an excuse for Islamophobia or xenophobia, so find a different reason to complain about wrt to my dissent because I'm not the one