FYI MacG, plz check in. Military coup in Turkey.

Cats are fine, I was down at the gazebo lsat night with them.

We've sen coups, we know what it's like. If military wants to take control, they just do.

I've been writing and deleting stuff for some time. I don't think it's smart for me to comment any more.

Oh look a red dot on my chalcdşÇCd.
Yeah Mac stay safe, dont post anything that can get Gestapo on your ass.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG
Good to hear from you, Mac. Read last night of martial law, curfews, etc. but also people saying fuck that and hitting the streets. Potentially dangerous mix there.

And ya, messages speaking ill of govt should at least be coded in pig Latin for now. Glad your OK, man. Keep your stick on the ice.

• Gravy
Some have given a theory that this was a fake coup. Noticing how no military leader has made any statement, and that the actions of the military was very amateurish. Not to mention Erdogan flying into the country at the hight of the coup to save the day.

Seems like it could be plausible.

Some talk here also of it being more of a purge than a coup. Root out those not loyal to Erdogan. That dude has been moving things away from secular govt and more towards authoritarian or even theocratic all the time, and consolidating power in his office. Maybe pushed things far enough where the military should step in to preserve attaturks ideals.

I'd defer to those who live there but they maybe shouldn't speak so openly right now. They say 3000 arrested in one day. There will be show trials and executions. Anybody vocally supports anything anti-erdogan should stay low.

Cats are fine, I was down at the gazebo lsat night with them.

We've sen coups, we know what it's like. If military wants to take control, they just do.

I've been writing and deleting stuff for some time. I don't think it's smart for me to comment any more.

Oh look a red dot on my chalcdşÇCd.

Zip it!, Cheese kitty.
Stay safe, Mac.

• Gravy
.Found this in some timeline of events in the UK telegraph.

Apparently how you do this is purge the judiciary, then install judges that like you, then conduct your "trials".

12:56pm
Thousands of judges purged

The Turkish government has embarked on a purge of the judiciary following the botched coup, state TV reports, in the first sign of how last night could increase Erdogan's authoritarian rule.

NTV said 2,745 judges had been removed from duty, following a decision of the High Council of Judges.

Five members of the High Judiciary Court Board were also removed.

Has the govt done anything recently to sort of push things over the edge?

I don't recall any one event that would cause people to ban together and say, "alright, you've gone too far".

More creeping incrementalism.

Has the govt done anything recently to sort of push things over the edge?

I don't recall any one event that would cause people to ban together and say, "alright, you've gone too far".

More creeping incrementalism.
President of turkey is beyond unpopular.
Ozzy was raising the false flag option, since the president flew in on his white horse to save the day.

President of turkey is beyond unpopular.
Ozzy was raising the false flag option, since the president flew in on his white horse to save the day.

This is a case when Ozzy is making sense. As Mac said, if the military wants to take over, they just do. So what makes more sense, poorly organized coup or well organized purge?

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and nukes
This is a case when Ozzy is making sense. As Mac said, if the military wants to take over, they just do. So what makes more sense, poorly organized coup or well organized purge?
Neither makes more sense, unless you're privy to more information and this isn't just assumption.

It really could be either, neither, or both.

Neither makes more sense, unless you're privy to more information and this isn't just assumption.

Possibly, but what would life be without uninformed speculation and a good conspiracy now and then.

Boring, that's what.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas

They're purging some 2700 people from the judiciary. I don't know how many judges turkey has but that's a lot. They'll be replaced with ones favorable to the govt, then the treason trials will start.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and pacojas
Seeing as almost every govt is all about propping up erdogan, I'm gonna go ahead and root for the coup. Everybody likes an underdog. Also ripping the veneer off civilized society is just cool.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas