lololol another woman thread

Which favor boxes should the Burgers choose for their wedding?

• The petit pastel box

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cake box with monogram

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • You are too good for FB, you should be with me instead

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fat Burger said:
I think she meant 30-50 people, not 30-50k.
No no, around here $50k is the average price spent on a wedding . My boss married his daughter and let everyone know exactly how much he spent. Of course there are more wealthy people in a very concentrated area around here, it's one of the wealthiest counties in the country.

And then there's Esther, who said she spent $30k on her daughter's wedding

There are some venues here that the reservation fee and catering alone are $15-50k for 150 people... that doesn't count flowers, DJ, photographer, dress, ceremony, all that....

I honestly have no idea where we're going to do this, so far the cheapest place I've found is the same place I had my first reception :fly: and that STARTS at $55 per person, plus an 18% gratuity, plus 8% tax, plus beverages which run an extra $10-$50 per person...

Fat Burger said:
I had lunch with my dad today, he offered me $2000 for us to elope :p

I honestly don't know if he was serious or not.

I admire your dad. Alot.

I've got to start planning and saving now, so I can offer that to each and every one of my daughters. 3 weddings is going to put me in the poor house :(

BigDov said:
I admire your dad. Alot.

I've got to start planning and saving now, so I can offer that to each and every one of my daughters. 3 weddings is going to put me in the poor house :(

If you ever need a support group, let me know, I can give you my dad's number. He's already done 4 (in 2 1/2 years), and only has 2 left.

Edit: Yes all girls.

zengirl said:
No no, around here $50k is the average price spent on a wedding . My boss married his daughter and let everyone know exactly how much he spent. Of course there are more wealthy people in a very concentrated area around here, it's one of the wealthiest counties in the country.

And then there's Esther, who said she spent $30k on her daughter's wedding

There are some venues here that the reservation fee and catering alone are $15-50k for 150 people... that doesn't count flowers, DJ, photographer, dress, ceremony, all that....

I honestly have no idea where we're going to do this, so far the cheapest place I've found is the same place I had my first reception :fly: and that STARTS at $55 per person, plus an 18% gratuity, plus 8% tax, plus beverages which run an extra $10-$50 per person...

ACK! That's just crazy. CRAZY!!! Then again, I guess ifyou want to do it right you gotta pay. But jeeeezus $50k is just insane.

kiwi said:
If you ever need a support group, let me know, I can give you my dad's number. He's already done 4 (in 2 1/2 years), and only has 2 left.

Edit: Yes all girls.
:eek: woah!

The first time I got married, we asked my dad how much he could contribute, he said, "I don't know, I might be able to scrape together $100" He ended up not helping at all, and then there was a big to do about his name not being on the invitations. :fly:

But the jerk ended up giving us $500 worth of gifts, I just don't understand that guy.

Thorn Bird said:
it really is ridiculous to spend thousands on a day that is over in a few hours. it's just a big party. but i wouldn't have traded mine for the world. the value of a dollar lay in my happiness, not the extravagance of all the costs.
Thats exactly how I look at it too.

We could have eloped if we wanted to... we talked about it. But we both wanted a traditional wedding.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Thats exactly how I look at it too.

We could have eloped if we wanted to... we talked about it. But we both wanted a traditional wedding.

I agree with you guys, If my parents had offered me 50K for a wedding, I would have taken 10K, did the wedding, and saved the additional 40K for a house.

BigDov said:
But jeeeezus $50k is just insane.
NO kidding. And the thing is, those types of weddigns are not very common (around here at least) I dont think the average person spends that much on a wedding... and if they do, they have more money then brains

kiwi said:
I agree with you guys, If my parents had offered me 50K for a wedding, I would have taken 10K, did the wedding, and saved the additional 40K for a house.
Exactly!

Speaking of which, I wonder what his parents will get us for a gift :eek:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
NO kidding. And the thing is, those types of weddigns are not very common (around here at least) I dont think the average person spends that much on a wedding... and if they do, they have more money then brains

It's silly.

I think our wedding (12yrs ago mind you) was right around $10k. It was an awesome outside wedding (have FB drive you by Lakeside Gardens sometime.....) and that even included Kat's dress.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
;) This is the part of the country that pays half a million dollars for a 50 year old bungalow....

Insanely long link

zengirl said:
I just disgusted myself by discovering that This house is $800k

:egads:

:lol:

$3,533 Per Month....hahahahaha

I'd like to have a conversation with the person who thinks that's a great idea.

Look at that POS. It looks like tract housing from the 1950s for crying out loud.

:lol:

Ah, glorious life. You are so funny sometimes.