lololol another woman thread

Which favor boxes should the Burgers choose for their wedding?

• The petit pastel box

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cake box with monogram

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • You are too good for FB, you should be with me instead

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
Ok, I need some wedding advice.

Which favor boxes do you like better?

1- the petit pastel boxes, tiny and cute

2- the larger cake boxes, with our monogramed initials (different coloured ribbon of course)

I am totally stuck.

I much perfer the larger ones, the problem is, they are a cake box. So they are 31/2x 3/12x 3... which is quite large for our favor boxes

(we are doing a box full of kisses from the Mr and Mrs)... ahem Hershey's kisses of course! :D

And I was planning on putting half a dozen kisses in each box. The problem with the tiny ones, I will not be able to put 6, but the bigger ones, I would need MUCH more then 6.

What should I do?

Dammit forgot the pictures :rolleyes:

W04752_410alr.jpg

petitpastelboxes.gif

find a different box? i dunno.

the small ones get the point across. the big ones would seem overwhelming. this isn't going to be the biggest point of the weekend, and chances are no one will remember them anyway.
small are cute and sweet and thoughtful. big are in-your-face-thank-me-for-these-bitches-or-else. and no one wants to figure out what to do with all that chocolate anyway!! :)

ooo! the smalls are cuter anyway!

*whines* i wanna get married again!!!

I LOVED planning a wedding. orgasmic, especially when it turns out PERFECTLY.

I really like the look of the bigger boxes. Is there some type of filling (I'm thinking like shredded paper that matches the ribbon, they sell them in lots of colors in craft stores) you could put in them to make it so you have to put less in them?

Edit: I had to vote for the third option though :drool:

kiwi said:
I really like the look of the bigger boxes. Is there some type of filling (I'm thinking like shredded paper that matches the ribbon, they sell them in lots of colors in craft stores) you could put in them to make it so you have to put less in them?

Edit: I had to vote for the third option though :drool:
I like your idea. And my mom had mentioned that. But then again, it might make us look cheep :fly:

Ok price break down
The smaller boxes are .79/ea, without the ribbon
where as teh monogram boxes are 50 for $45 (or something like that) which includes the monogram, but not the ribbon (which I could get fairly cheep at Micheals)

We are gonna need about 150 of them

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I like your idea. And my mom had mentioned that. But then again, it might make us look cheep :fly:

I don't think so, I actually think it would look nicer than just having the kisses in the box.

theacoustician said:
Just fill a punch bowl with kisses and let people take them as they desire them. Lots less waste that way.
I need to fill the tables with something.... or so my wedding co ordinator told me :rolleyes:
Apparently the white linens, the plates, cutlery, glasses, centerpeices adn everything else isnt enough for her

*Fuxx Burger* said:
You think?

Because it would work quite well. I really like the bigger ones. And I think the personalized touch with our initials would look really great too.

Yes.

Close your eyes and imagine you are opening the box you can see either

A) A plain white inside with some kisses or
B) Kisses set on top of a "bed" that wonderfully matches the ribbon on the outside of the box providing the perfect backdrop.

Don't use tons, just enough to cover the bottom of the box.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
You think?

Because it would work quite well. I really like the bigger ones. And I think the personalized touch with our initials would look really great too.
I'm a fan of simple though. Besides, if I wanted to reuse the box in my house, I wouldn't want someone else's initials on it. :heart:

Gah you both make excellent points....

Then again, what would someone really use a small little box for anyways :lol:

Someone suggested a plastic spoon, and place the kisses in the spoon.

I wanted to slap them.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Gah you both make excellent points....

Then again, what would someone really use a small little box for anyways :lol:

Someone suggested a plastic spoon, and place the kisses in the spoon.

I wanted to slap them.
instead of kisses, you could use the small box and make a modified sachet out of it, use a potpuri in a coordinating color and fill the box with that, it's a decorative nic nak and smells good too.

edit and if you like having it personalized for you, you can write your names on the ribbon with the date.

zengirl said:
Little goodies you leave on the tables for the guests to take home and remember the day.
Ahh, okay. I thought it was for the rings or something.
I don't understand weddings. New Scientist needs to run an article.