lololol another woman thread

Which favor boxes should the Burgers choose for their wedding?

• The petit pastel box

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cake box with monogram

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • You are too good for FB, you should be with me instead

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OMG you have to give stuff to people at a wedding... where are all these rules coming from?

Last wedding I went to they only passed out bubbles. kekek

Guess what, no one is really going to care about the goodies boxes. Forget what your wedding coordinator told you. Do what you want. Its your wedding, not hers.

JJ Lady said:
I know I've told you to check out theknot.com

Have you gotten your attendant gifts yet?
I've checked out theknot.com a bunch of times. I will check them out again.

I found 2 really great sites that I am going insane over
www.myjeanm.com
and
www.weddingfavorites.com

Still not attendant gifts yet... not totally sure what I am gonna do. I think a spa package, but still unsure

ChikkenNoodul said:
The most recent wedding I went to, had half-bottles of wine for each guest from a local winery
I would love to do something like that... the trouble is 75% of my guests don't drink... and his parents are pastors... so I kinda need to respect that :p

But I agree, its a great idea!

theacoustician said:
Guess what, no one is really going to care about the goodies boxes. Forget what your wedding coordinator told you. Do what you want. Its your wedding, not hers.

Having gone through this once, I can say from experience that half the time people get drunk and forget to take the "gift." Do yourself a favor, save the money you would have spent on "gifts" and by each other little gifts to exchange on your wedding night. People don't remember, nor do they really care, what they bring home from the wedding. They go to eat, drink and enjoy themselves because usually it is the only night they can get a babysitter.

If you absolutly HAVE to have a gift, take some sheer toole (spelling?) in your wedding colors, put some kisses in it, (like 3 - 6) tie it with a ribbon, and call it macaroni. Much cheaper and you will enjoy the small gifts that you can now afford to give each other.

Just my 2 cents.

You know, come to think of it, I've never been to a wedding that had favors, except for the bubbles we used outside of the church.

I've been reading a lot about it in bridal magazines, but is it a new thing? Am I really missing something?

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Gah, its tied 4/4...... How am I supposed to pick with its even :(

No, I voted for option number three, but out of the two boxes I picked the cake boxes, so that makes that one one up, so it's the winner :D .

zengirl said:
You know, come to think of it, I've never been to a wedding that had favors, except for the bubbles we used outside of the church.

I've been reading a lot about it in bridal magazines, but is it a new thing? Am I really missing something?
Well it sounds as though its a west coast/east coast thing.

Josh had no idea what I was talking about when i started planning the reception.... receptions to them consists of nuts, mints, punch and cake at the church right after the ceremony. Where as a reception where I am from (east coast) consists of a sit down meal, toasts, favors and all that jazz. Maybe its a Canadian/American thing.... I donno.

But favors are given to your guests as a way of saying thank you for coming. Its pretty much unheard of NOT to give a gift.
We have bubbles for outside the church, but those are given at the ceremony.
Also here, anyone is invited to the ceremony, where as only certain people are invited to the reception. (Where Josh is from, everyone is invited to both). So there will be an announcement in the church bulletin inviting the whole congregation to the ceremony, but they are not all invited to the reception. Thus far my reception numbers are between 150-175. Now I am not expecting a full turn out either. I am planning for 150... hopefully everyone returns their RSVP cards. Since its an evening wedding, most of the elderly out of town guests I suspect wont drive after dark, and therefore wont go to the reception. That and there is a ton of his family we have to invite, but I know they are not gonna travel 4000 miles to see us get hitched :p

fly said:
You're thinking about this weeding too much. I bet you're gonna be fun on wedding day... :p
The only reason I talk about it, because right now pretty much everything I do revolves around the wedding. I'm no wheres near being stressed out, nor do I feel like I am under pressure to have this amazing wedding. If I start thinking like that, it will never be good enough.

Our wedding is designed for our style and taste (already most of my family hates our colours) Its a black and white wedding... very elegant and classy. If people cant deal with that, too bad.

But I refuse to get stressed over this thing... its not worth it. We have the rings, the church, the pastor and I have a dress. As far as I am concerned, we have all we need.

Everything else is either to show people how much money you are wililng to shell out for such an event, or so they are not bored to tears. (I can assure you this wedding is not putting us in debt, nor will our guests be bored)

So fly, I expect to see you there ;)

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Well it sounds as though its a west coast/east coast thing.

Josh had no idea what I was talking about when i started planning the reception.... receptions to them consists of nuts, mints, punch and cake at the church right after the ceremony. Where as a reception where I am from (east coast) consists of a sit down meal, toasts, favors and all that jazz. Maybe its a Canadian/American thing.... I donno.

But favors are given to your guests as a way of saying thank you for coming. Its pretty much unheard of NOT to give a gift.
We have bubbles for outside the church, but those are given at the ceremony.
Also here, anyone is invited to the ceremony, where as only certain people are invited to the reception. (Where Josh is from, everyone is invited to both). So there will be an announcement in the church bulletin inviting the whole congregation to the ceremony, but they are not all invited to the reception. Thus far my reception numbers are between 150-175. Now I am not expecting a full turn out either. I am planning for 150... hopefully everyone returns their RSVP cards. Since its an evening wedding, most of the elderly out of town guests I suspect wont drive after dark, and therefore wont go to the reception. That and there is a ton of his family we have to invite, but I know they are not gonna travel 4000 miles to see us get hitched :p
Yeah, we do the reception thing here in the midwest too, in fact only the hardcore southern baptists who don't believe in dancing or drinking do the church reception thing... which is more like Sunday fellowship than anything.

We do the great big hoorah dinner, with the dj, and the chicken dance and the cake and all that... but I guess I always thought that the dinner was the thank you for coming (and we're the same too, you can be invited to the wedding and not the reception). Then again, I know I'm not up on my social grace, it's something I'm trying to work on. :)