lololol another woman thread

Which favor boxes should the Burgers choose for their wedding?

• The petit pastel box

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cake box with monogram

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • You are too good for FB, you should be with me instead

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BigDov said:
It's silly.

I think our wedding (12yrs ago mind you) was right around $10k. It was an awesome outside wedding (have FB drive you by Lakeside Gardens sometime.....) and that even included Kat's dress.
So that's her name :p

My dress wasnt that much either. I got it on a freak sale, it was 50% off.... There was no way I was gunna spend a crap load of money on a dress I will only wear once. Give me a break!

BigDov said:
I don't get it..... I'm sure it's a big house and all, but damn, it's UGLY.
And it's in a shit town too... I mean it's a very wealthy area, old money and all that, but it's all crowded and busy and old. A lot of this area is like that, unless you get into new construction, and you can't even think about new construction unless you can start at $400-800k. Housing is unreasonable up here unless you're in the city or way up north like I am... and even then you can't get anything decent for under $350

Sarcasmo said:
:lol:

$3,533 Per Month....hahahahaha

I'd like to have a conversation with the person who thinks that's a great idea.

Look at that POS. It looks like tract housing from the 1950s for crying out loud.

:lol:

Ah, glorious life. You are so funny sometimes.

IT'S GOT 10 ROOMS DAMMIT!!!! :lol:

Housing in America is out of this world.

You could get the same house here, for half the price. Seriously.

A house that would go for 500K in the US would go for around 150K here. And you would actually have a yard. It blows my mind

zengirl said:
And it's in a shit town too... I mean it's a very wealthy area, old money and all that, but it's all crowded and busy and old. A lot of this area is like that, unless you get into new construction, and you can't even think about new construction unless you can start at $400-800k. Housing is unreasonable up here unless you're in the city or way up north like I am... and even then you can't get anything decent for under $350

I would normally say something like "wow, that sucks" but it's getting to be the same way here in Oregon.

For instance- we just sold our 2500sq ft house on about half an acre for $255,000. It was built in 1932 for pete's sake! So what do we do? We turn around, DOWNSIZE to 2000sq ft, and spend $298,500. A house of comparable size would have been anywhere from the high $320's, into the $350's. It sucks.

*Fuxx Burger* said:

A house that would go for 500K in the US would go for around 150K here. And you would actually have a yard. It blows my mind
I couldn't believe it when my mom told me her house cost $150, and she thought that was expensive... it's a newer 3b 2ba on .25 acre with a full basement... up here that thing would be $350-400.

*Fuxx Burger* said:

Better plan on getting a jobby-job as soon as you can then huh? :lol:

j/k :heart:

*Fuxx Burger* said:

o_O
I could get 5 acres of land, a 1200 sft house and some animals to graze the land for 150k in Texas.

wr3kt said:
o_O
I could get 5 acres of land, a 1200 sft house and some animals to graze the land for 150k in Texas.
Yeah but how's the job market? Will they still pay me $50k to sit on my butt and post all day?

zengirl said:
Yeah but how's the job market? Will they still pay me $50k to sit on my butt and post all day?
I wouldn't doubt it.
//edit
April AND Dirk have job's in Texas.
I'm just contracting and finishing school.
///edit
AND Drool.

This year is the first year I ever really considered money and the future, and quite frankly, it's overwhelming. No wonder people are so stressed out and miserable. :(