LCD TV on sale

it arrived! she's a real beaut. i got to my house just as UPS was pulling up.

so far i don't get any channels. Antenna is on it's way, along with the mounting bracket. Have to pick up a splitter and 40 feet of coax to get the cable hooked up to it too. Funny use of technology: the vcr is going to be dusted off to convert the coax to RCA since the tv only had one antenna/cable input and the antenna will use it.

so far i don't get any channels. Antenna is on it's way, along with the mounting bracket. Have to pick up a splitter and 40 feet of coax to get the cable hooked up to it too. Funny use of technology: the vcr is going to be dusted off to convert the coax to RCA since the tv only had one antenna/cable input and the antenna will use it.

Ill be over to watch the game

I don't think I've ever seen a model with multiple coax inputs...I do have 5 hdmi however which will never be used :lol:
congrats though and I hope you get as much enjoyment from yours as I have mine :)

Depends on your insurance policy. Most arent more specific than the local electrical code (may be a law about that somewhere). Most electrical codes are based on the NEC and the NEC doesnt require conduit in most indoor residential wiring.

Conduit is mainly installed where there will be wear (surface wiring) and to prevent water infiltration (outside).

Okay, well I'm sure that a TV cord running in a wall is up to code.

edit: Thank God for Google

http://gizmodo.com/5297352/your-wall+mounted-hdtv-probably-violates-electrical-codes

Last edited:
yeah, definitely. you can run flexible wiring inside your walls without conduit, but only that which is intended for use within a wall cavity. the cord running from appliances are not rated for in-wall use.

signal cables you may have a lot less trouble with, but power cables definitely violate code.

in my case i answered "other" since i'll just have to cables run down the wall since only eight inches are exposed between the top of my second couch and the bottom of the tv. plus, the fewer holes in the wall of a rental home the better.