LCD TV on sale

before he goes all chris brown on my ass, i have a glossy bezel around my LG. it's not really annoying. valve's just really fussy. i think LG and samsung are the two best brands for LCDs right now, and that seems like a good deal

edit: if you can, try going to your local big box store to check it out. look at it from every angle (sometimes the peripheral viewing sucks)

Last edited:
before he goes all chris brown on my ass, i have a glossy bezel around my LG. it's not really annoying. valve's just really fussy. i think LG and samsung are the two best brands for LCDs right now, and that seems like a good deal

edit: if you can, try going to your local big box store to check it out. look at it from every angle (sometimes the peripheral viewing sucks)

The bezel on that Samsung is A LOT more glossy than yours or mine.

And the side viewing angle is the main knock on the Samsungs. Looked ok to me at Best Buy however.

If it only plays that football game then it's a terrible deal.

jokes are becoming tough for sarcasmo during his long summer days

he can't wait for winter, when people are more easily amused

then it will be the year of the sarcasmo once more

I've decided to let this opportunity pass on the expectation that there will be better deals in the leadup to NFL opening day. Also, I might only get a 37"er. My viewing distance is only about 13 or 14 feet.

My viewing distance is the same, and I've got a 52"

perfect size.

37" would seem too small
i'm upgrading from a 21" CRT monitor. 37" is a big improvement. Maybe i'll consider 42", but i really don't want it to dominate the room completely.

i've decided to skip out on any 120Hz, 2ms, 150k:1 bullshit. If it's a Samsung or an LG it'll be fine for me no matter how cheap it is. I'm still not that underwhelmed by the 700meg divx rips i downloaded when I used to do that sort of thing.