LCD TV on sale

I almost went and bought the $800 samsung. it was still in my cart so i considered deleting the toshiba. then i did the math and realised that 800 is 25% more than 640 and couldn't justify the increase for a "touch of color".

should arrive today. hoping that i can be there to meet it. ups usually comes around 4ish but i have a doctor's appt at 3:50 so i'll be away for about an hour. if i miss it today i'll definitely be there to meet it tomorrow.

I need to break down and buy a wall mount for my set.

I also need to run some conduit through through the wall so it doesn't look like the tv is shitting wires all over the place.

I also need to run some conduit through through the wall so it doesn't look like the tv is shitting wires all over the place.
just flare the wires so you get the atari thing going on.

atari_logo-040607.jpg

PRO TIP: With so many LCD/Plasma TVs, its quite common for homeowners to run wire through the walls so they are hidden. If these wires aren't in conduit and up to code, you could be in trouble. If the house catches fire or anything else, insurance adjusters have been trained to specifically look for this and deny claims - even if that wasn't the cause, just because they can.

PRO TIP: With so many LCD/Plasma TVs, its quite common for homeowners to run wire through the walls so they are hidden. If these wires aren't in conduit and up to code, you could be in trouble. If the house catches fire or anything else, insurance adjusters have been trained to specifically look for this and deny claims - even if that wasn't the cause, just because they can.

that couldn't possibly stand up in court but it would be a pain in the ass to deal with

*shrugs*

I already have two runs of non-plenum rated cat 5 running through my wall.

Depends on your insurance policy. Most arent more specific than the local electrical code (may be a law about that somewhere). Most electrical codes are based on the NEC and the NEC doesnt require conduit in most indoor residential wiring.

Conduit is mainly installed where there will be wear (surface wiring) and to prevent water infiltration (outside).