Last night

Its the best we have now, but a TNF regulator would be better. I didn't realize that there was a risk of Hepatitis-B reactivation with it.

TNF-alpha receptors are widely distributed in the joints, GI trac and skin. That is why Remicade is so effective on a wide variety of disorders.

I have been making Remicade for a few years, so I knew a lot of stuff already, but infusion reactions and such were new to me. I was surprised when the woman talked a little about Orencia.

indeed. and TNF-a is one of the main cytokines produced by a M1 response from the innate immune cells and from a Th1 response from the adaptive immune system. it's a bitch when you have an autoimmune disorder like rheum. arthritis or something like IBS or even a type IV allergy response like poison ivy.

I have a friend was who recently diagnosed with systemic lupus. :/
she's doing terribly.

She's also been diagnosed with rhem. arthritis. She's just waiting for something else to come along.

We have a patient with several psoriasis plaques all over her body, she is starting Infliximab tomorrow. Its amazing to see these people start their treatments walking like they are 80, then 6 months later, they come bouncing in

I stopped going to tanning beds because of the chance of skin cancer.

I'm high risk. :(

Well sure, there is a risk. But, if you have psoriasis, sometimes medications don't work. Then you see another doc, and he says, "fuck it, go tanning if you have a flare up."

Then you go tanning.

My Papa (grandfather) had psoriasis, he controlled it with a sun lamp.

Unfortunately, this woman has too much of it for a tanning bed to work.

Yeah. 26 years old, hasn't gone outside for 5 years without being covered head to toe.

One the other hand, Tomorrow the rep said she would be by to bring us lunch again. She is pretty too

Yeah, but at least I get fed. Plus, I get to stare at her and no matter how uncomfortable she gets, she can't leave. Win-Win