Jay-Z Disses the $

i have heard this critique before btw, and there is a vein of truth in it.

speaking of lil jon, have you ever seen him create a beat?? i mean, i've seen vids and he doesn't know octaves, keys, nothin.. just sits at a syntch and presses keys until it sounds cool. the process is :rolleyes: but you gotta admit he puts out hits.

I sit a couple seats over from him at Hawks games all the time...wears the sunglasses the whole time...I've heard he's cross eyed or some shit

speaking of lil jon, have you ever seen him create a beat?? i mean, i've seen vids and he doesn't know octaves, keys, nothin.. just sits at a syntch and presses keys until it sounds cool. the process is :rolleyes: but you gotta admit he puts out hits.
So he's like a monkey banging on a keyboard?

Wait, that didn't come out right.

Yeah, but you HAVE a REAL job.

you know why? I hung it up for a number of years at 24 so I wouldn't wake up old one day with nothing to show for my life...just got back to it 18 months ago because I couldn't stand being without it anymore

represeting ozarks ya'all!

Lagrange, GA, outside athens i believe.

boy, yall pushin ya boy mixx with the bubba and hova dissin.

actually recently got a MS bulletin from bubba's people that said he'll do 16 bars on your rap single for 5 grand. iono. times must be tough. i AM going to a party tonight that he and another local talent are doing.. their new single release party. it's gonna' be soooo gangster. think i'm leaving the missus at home. very, very ghe-toe

Lagrange, GA, outside athens i believe.

boy, yall pushin ya boy mixx with the bubba and hova dissin.

actually recently got a MS bulletin from bubba's people that said he'll do 16 bars on your rap single for 5 grand. iono. times must be tough. i AM going to a party tonight that he and another local talent are doing.. their new single release party. it's gonna' be soooo gangster. think i'm leaving the missus at home. very, very ghe-toe

I lived in athens for a few years and never heard of lagrange
it's SW by the alabama border
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lagrange,+GA,+United+States+of+America&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

pardon my ignorance but what does ghe-toe mean?

just.. ghe-tto spelled more phonetically. and with the pause in between.

i gotta get up to athens. lil bro is there for the next few years. but is lagrange IN GA?

I was joking with the ghetto comment because I've never seen it hyphenated before :p

yeah, click the link above and you'll see where lagrange, ga is

the public is, in general, dumb.

BELIEVE ME, i've seen the argument more times than i'd like over whether you should "keep it real" or "sell records'. if you're lucky they're the same thing, the fact is, it's rare.

you can do conscious HH all you want, but ain't nobody gonna' buy it. it is sad, agreed.

I think it shouldn't be a matter of luck. If the stupid shit we hear all the time wasn't being produced at all, it wouldn't become popular and wouldn't sell. It's been a while since my mind has been blown by the creativity of a new artist or a new video (and yes, I watch more than MTV). Sure people are dumb, dumb enough that they will love whatever you feed them. I just wonder why we are feeding them brussel sprouts instead of cake. There is no reason we can't make good music with substance or at least make it about something interesting and not harmful.

I think it shouldn't be a matter of luck. If the stupid shit we hear all the time wasn't being produced at all, it wouldn't become popular and wouldn't sell. It's been a while since my mind has been blown by the creativity of a new artist or a new video (and yes, I watch more than MTV). Sure people are dumb, dumb enough that they will love whatever you feed them. I just wonder why we are feeding them brussel sprouts instead of cake. There is no reason we can't make good music with substance or at least make it about something interesting and not harmful.
I recommend laying off the tv for music altogether. if you want to see something new and interesting you need to spend a lot of time at places that play live music. you're going to see a lot of crap, but you'll see good stuff too.

just be careful about your liver and lungs. *cough* *hack*