[Chorus]
99 problems but the bitch aint one
If you're havin' girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
Hit me

[Verse Two]
The year's '94 and my trunk is raw
In my rear view mirror is the mother fuckin' law
I got two choices y'all pull over the car or (hmmm)
Bounce on the devil put the pedal to the floor
Now I ain't tryin' to see no highway chase with Jake.
Plus i got a few dollars i can fight the case
So I...pull over to the side of the road
I heard "Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for?"
Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats real low?
Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know
Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo'?
"Well you was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo' "
"Liscense and registration and step out of the car"
"Are you carryin' a weapon on you I know a lot of you are"
I ain't steppin out of shit all my paper's legit
"Well, do you mind if I look round the car a little bit?"
Well my glove compartment is locked so are the trunk in the back
And I know my rights so you gon' need a warrant for that
"Aren't you sharp as a tack, you some type of lawyer or something'?"
"Or somebody important or somethin'?"
Nah, I ain't pass the bar but i know a little bit
Enough that you won't illegally search my shit
"We'll see how smart you are when the K9 come"
Hit me

[Chorus]
99 Problems but a bitch ain't one
if you havin girl problems
i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one hit me

99 Problems but a bitch ain't one
if you havin girl problems
i feel bad for you son
Hit me

[Verse Three]
Now once upon a time not too long ago
A nigga like myself had to strong arm a hoe
This is not a hoe in the sense of havin a pussy
But a pussy havin no God Damn sense, try and push me
I tried to ignore him and talk to the Lord
Pray for him, cause some fools just love to perform
You know the type loud as a motor bike
But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight
The only thing that's gonna happen is I'ma get to clappin
He and his boys gon be yappin to the captain
And there I go trapped in the kit kat again
Back through the system with the riff raff again
Fiends on the floor scratchin again
Paparatzi's with they cameras snappin them
D.A. tried to give the nigga shaft again
Half-a-mil for bail cause I'm African
All because this fool was harrasin' them
Tryin to play the boy like hes saccarin
But ain't nothin sweet 'bout how I hold my gun
I got 99 problems b, and a bitch ain't one
Hit me

WHEN JAY GOES INTO THAT COP VOICE, "WELL YOU WAS DOIN' 55 IN A FITTY FO".. LOVE THAT JOINT.

this is but one example of a career of good songs. :heart:

I think Jay-Z is good at rapping, but also has very limited range. I think all his songs sound the same. Kinda like Little Jon, but with some actual talent.

i have heard this critique before btw, and there is a vein of truth in it.

speaking of lil jon, have you ever seen him create a beat?? i mean, i've seen vids and he doesn't know octaves, keys, nothin.. just sits at a syntch and presses keys until it sounds cool. the process is :rolleyes: but you gotta admit he puts out hits.

I also agree that rap these days is becoming unoriginal. Unfortunately, that is what the public wants so it is selling.

When I listen to any kind of music I decide whether I like it and then I decide whether it's good or not. I don't like Black Sabbath, but I can't say they are bad musicians just because I don't like it. I feel the same about Jay Z. I think he's talented at what he does, he just doesn't do it for me. I prefer rap music with more clever lyrics. What he has to say I've heard before.

The one thing that does bother me about MOST rap music videos is that if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I don't see what's cool about showing me how much money you have 50 times over. If you are going to make a music video do something clever or interesting. I don't care what kind of car you drive or how much money you have or how much jewelry you have. Entertain me.
the video problem probably has more to do with MTV (or are you seeing them somewhere else?) than what is available.

I also agree that rap these days is becoming unoriginal. Unfortunately, that is what the public wants so it is selling.
i think this is also a question of your source. if you're going to the same media source all the time you can't expect the variety you'd get from shopping around.

i think this is also a question of your source. if you're going to the same media source all the time you can't expect the variety you'd get from shopping around.

This is across the boards. Rap back in the day had much more depth than it does today.

the public is, in general, dumb.

BELIEVE ME, i've seen the argument more times than i'd like over whether you should "keep it real" or "sell records'. if you're lucky they're the same thing, the fact is, it's rare.

you can do conscious HH all you want, but ain't nobody gonna' buy it. it is sad, agreed.

This is across the boards. Rap back in the day had much more depth than it does today.
but surely that is impossible. does a genre ever contract? it seems like they always expand and spin off new genres. perhaps you're just more closely definig what rap is or something.

back to the original topic: The Canadian Dollar briefly passed $1.10 US today (inverse: $.909) but has dropped back to $1.09 (inverse: $.917). That's another record.

man, i need to find some posts from another source. i'm too busy right now to articulate efficiently.

you can complain about rap music all you want, but it's what the RICH WHITE MEN IN SUITS choose to put on tv and radio. who owns viacom? who owns mtv? who owns clearchannel? who owns infinity broadcasting?? hell, i think BET is white owned now.

it's the stereotypes THEY choose to perpetuate.

(this is gonna' go over big i'm sure :lol: )

man, i need to find some posts from another source. i'm too busy right now to articulate efficiently.

you can complain about rap music all you want, but it's what the RICH WHITE MEN IN SUITS choose to put on tv and radio. who owns viacom? who owns mtv? who owns clearchannel? who owns infinity broadcasting?? hell, i think BET is white owned now.

it's the stereotypes THEY choose to perpetuate.

(this is gonna' go over big i'm sure :lol: )

Like I said before, unfortunately it is what's selling. Doesn't change the fact that its shallow and unoriginal.

Like I said before, unfortunately it is what's selling. Doesn't change the fact that its shallow and unoriginal.
yeah, but you can't say that the rap that is selling is the only stuff out there. music doesn't have to be commercially viable to exist.

yeah, but you can't say that the rap that is selling is the only stuff out there. music doesn't have to be commercially viable to exist.

That's too bad actually. The stuff people have poured their hearts into should be out there making money.

That's too bad actually. The stuff people have poured their hearts into should be out there making money.
money is nice, but i know musicians who perform because they have to, whether for money or not. it's just something they need to get out.