Jay-Z Disses the $

yall done crossed the line dissin the jigga man.. :mad:

he's probably my fave. most of you folks don't "get" rap music and that's fine. it's not for everybody, kind of like video games. :fly:

Yeah, rap just never appealed to me :confused: Some of the only bass-heavy music I can't listen to.

yall done crossed the line dissin the jigga man.. :mad:

he's probably my fave. most of you folks don't "get" rap music and that's fine. it's not for everybody, kind of like video games. :fly:

I would love to hear a philosophical description of rap music. Make me 'get' it.

Jay-z can kiss my sack,sir
puffy wanna be mc sucka.

oh man, i couldn't disagree more. puffy can NOT rap. jay z CAN. period.

I mean, do i like every fockin song he puts out? no. but i like most. i like the early stuff like shawn said, but i also liked, recently, The Black Album, and then even the one after that. haven't heard much American Gangster yet.

not gonna' try and sway anyone. people like the music, and artists, that they like. just like some people like pepperoni on their pizzas, some people like rim jobs, and some people like guns. it's retarded to try and persuade anyone IMO.

rap music has always appealed to me. most of what is on the radio right now is crap, all that leanin and rockin BS. crankin the soula boy sheeit. not my steeze.

but i like good beats and good lyrics. and jay z usually has both.

When I listen to any kind of music I decide whether I like it and then I decide whether it's good or not. I don't like Black Sabbath, but I can't say they are bad musicians just because I don't like it. I feel the same about Jay Z. I think he's talented at what he does, he just doesn't do it for me. I prefer rap music with more clever lyrics. What he has to say I've heard before.

The one thing that does bother me about MOST rap music videos is that if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I don't see what's cool about showing me how much money you have 50 times over. If you are going to make a music video do something clever or interesting. I don't care what kind of car you drive or how much money you have or how much jewelry you have. Entertain me.

btw i secrectly like bubba sparxx. that country ass flow is kinda tight

sparxxx and i have the same management. :D

eileen, point taken. um, i think people are doing all the cars and money because that's what is selling right now. there's a big thing in rap about pushing songs to "the hood" and once the hoods bites on it so will everyone else. there IS some truth to that.

i don't need to see cars all the time myself btw. does get a little tired.

i disagree that jay z can't flow lyrically. YES, he talks about his cars and his money, but he talks about a lot of other stuff too. and does it cleverly.