It's a good thing I'm not a warlord, emperor, king, or president

fly said:
Did you people just gloss over the part where the kid YANKED THE FUCKING CORD OUT??? If I didn't have a game save, I'd be mad pissed to. Jesus you emo baby makers.

You're just bitter cause all the sperm n your sac commits suicide in your tube sock cause it knows the life it would have as Fly Jr. P.S. save your games cause I'm bringing my kid over this weekend.

Thorn Bird said:
and why is that even legal? if a lawyer knows someone is guilty and defends him anyway, what does that say about the lawyer? how can he live with himself? and why is it legal to try to keep someone out of prison when they've committed a crime? i just don't understand!!!!
The point is that under our justice system EVERYONE is considered innocent until proven guilty. Many innocent people have been put to death and later exonorated of charges. Trust me, you do not want a justice system in which public perception of a crime is enough to convict someone. The moment we lose the idea that crimes must be proven is the moment we lose the very concept of justice.

Last edited:
fly said:
Did you people just gloss over the part where the kid YANKED THE FUCKING CORD OUT??? If I didn't have a game save, I'd be mad pissed to. Jesus you emo baby makers.

:lol: some days you give me chubbies

Thorn Bird said:
i'm not assuming anything. i'm talking about when some person goes up to his lawyer and says, i did it, get me out. you aren't owed anything if you have admitted to commiting a crime. i'm not assuming anything, i'm reacting to after facts are revealed.
The concept of attorney-client confidentiality must exist for our justice system to be fair. Attorneys are sworn to uphold the law, not morality.

Thorn Bird said:
i'm not assuming anything. i'm talking about when some person goes up to his lawyer and says, i did it, get me out. you aren't owed anything if you have admitted to commiting a crime. i'm not assuming anything, i'm reacting to after facts are revealed.
"Legal confidentiality"

Lawyers are representatives of their client's who act on their wishes. Acting as their own agent would undermine the judicial process. Accordingly they act in their client's bests interests, not the interests of the state or justice in general. They are a tool in other words, once retained the only exceptions of this confidenitiality is the discretionary ability to reveal information in situations where the lawyer has reason to believe that the client may kill or seriously injure someone, may cause substantial injury to the financial interest or property of another, or is using the lawyer's services to perpetuate a crime or fraud.

Most of these people are repped by Public Defenders. They get assigned a case, advise, act on the wishes of the accused and move on. It's a fair system.

The entire legal system would grind to a halt if anyone thought a lawyer was going to act in their own best judgement and not by the wishes of the people they are repping.

when i got my period at 12, my mom bought me cupcakes and we celebrated that night at dinner with my three siblings wondering what the celebration was for and my dad embarrassed and not knowing what to say. talk about aging a decade.

Thorn Bird said:
when i got my period at 12, my mom bought me cupcakes and we celebrated that night at dinner with my three siblings wondering what the celebration was for and my dad embarrassed and not knowing what to say. talk about aging a decade.

well that's ... uncomfortable

Thorn Bird said:

At least you got cupcakes.

Thorn Bird said:

When I got mine at 14 (lol) I didn't tell anyone for months. Mom found out cause she did my laundry at the time. :hs: