It's a good thing I'm not a warlord, emperor, king, or president

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
...because I would would be putting people like this to death without a second thought.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9824251/detail.html

A 25-year-old North Philadelphia man has been charged with killing his young daughter. The mother said 17-month-old Alayiah was violently punched by Tyrone Spellman over a video game.

As the 21-year-old took a nap inside their row-home on the 1500 block of 29th Street, Turman left Alayiah in the care of Spellman, who also goes by the name Anwar Salahuddin. Turman said that when she woke, "I asked why my baby not breathing. He says, 'She's breathing.' Her eyes were closed."

"His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said, adding that Spellman also allegedly slung the child over a chair.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9824251/detail.html

At what point would you allow your brain to process "Hey, I think I'll punch my 17-month-old in the face really hard" and not think that that may be a bad thing to do?

Do some people out there really have no disconnect between idiotic instinct and reason? The most frustrating part of this is that this animal will only do 5 years (10 tops) in a soft prison when he should be stoned to death.

How people intentionally harm innocent children is outside of my comprehension.

Fry his ass. No painless lethal injection, no twenty years on death row appealing for leniency, fry him like a fucking chicken finger. Tonight.

edit: not tonight, he's only been charged. once convicted in a court of law, then you cook the bastard

THIS is the stuff that makes me physically sick to my stomach. and the fact that it's going on every minute of the day makes me want to hurl then cry then beat the shit out of these monsters. it's happening all the time, and i just don't understand it. i'd take every child possible who's in a compromising situation if i could. :(

To paraphrase the ultimate evil in Time Bandits, I would turn him inside out over a very long period of time.

Sarcasmo said:
Have you ever been slowly turned inside out? That shit sucks.

I imagine that would be painful, but not something that would ever actually happen. I know lots of people with horses that we could string him up to.

shawndavid said:
Fuck that - he did it.

The preponderance of evidence is upon us. We need to erase the line between civil and criminal hearings.

He didn't think to punch himself in his ugly fucking face for putting the fucking game in a bad spot.
All we have is a news article based on the woman's accusation. For all we know she's the one that did it and is simply blaming him. Regardless, whoever did it needs to be removed from the gene pool immediately but it would be prudent to establish beyond the shadow of a doubt that he's the one that actually commited the crime.

The only thing worse than a sick bastard doing something like this is seeing that sick bastard walk free because a good lawyer was able to discredit the evidence.

and why is that even legal? if a lawyer knows someone is guilty and defends him anyway, what does that say about the lawyer? how can he live with himself? and why is it legal to try to keep someone out of prison when they've committed a crime? i just don't understand!!!!

Thorn Bird said:
and why is that even legal? if a lawyer knows someone is guilty and defends him anyway, what does that say about the lawyer? how can he live with himself? and why is it legal to try to keep someone out of prison when they've committed a crime? i just don't understand!!!!
Philosophy not being your strong point. I'll try:

1) Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
2) The method we use to prove guilt is adversarial.
3) There is a universal right to fair trial.
4) In the adversarial system not having counsel is equivalent to not being afforded a fair trial.

You are assuming this one person is guilty without the benefit of a trial. If it were someone else, or some other case you may assume otherwise.

1) Everyone is equal in the before the law.
2) Denying ONE person the benefit of fair trial, regardless the circumstances, renders (1) meaningless.

It's really very simple. Do not treat ANYONE in a manner that you yourself would not like being treated.

You are being ruled by your emotions. Something easily manipulated.

Last edited:
Did you people just gloss over the part where the kid YANKED THE FUCKING CORD OUT??? If I didn't have a game save, I'd be mad pissed to. Jesus you emo baby makers.

FlamingGlory said:
Philosophy not being your strong point. I'll try:

1) Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
2) The method we use to prove guilt is adversarial.
3) There is a universal right to fair trial.
4) In the adversarial system not having counsel is equivalent to not being afforded a fair trial.

You are assuming this one person is guilty without the benefit of a trial. If it were someone else, or some other case you may assume otherwise.

1) Everyone is equal in the before the law.
2) Denying ONE person the benefit of fair trial, regardless the circumstances, renders (1) meaningless.

It's really very simple. Do not treat ANYONE in a manner that you yourself would not like being treated.

You are being ruled by your emotions. Something easily manipulated.

i'm not assuming anything. i'm talking about when some person goes up to his lawyer and says, i did it, get me out. you aren't owed anything if you have admitted to commiting a crime. i'm not assuming anything, i'm reacting to after facts are revealed.