It would take 9.4 planets...

Insomniac said:
I commute by train and Metro, I walk from my house to the station and from the station to my office, when I'm in a car it's usually because my girlfriend and I are going somewhere together, I live in an apartment, my car is ultra-economical (diesel, small engine), I eat a lot of locally produced foodstuff . . . I dunno.
How do you know if your foodstuff is locally produced? That question kinda puzzled me on the quiz.

zengirl said:
How do you know if your foodstuff is locally produced? That question kinda puzzled me on the quiz.

Unless you know, it isn't, if you catch my drift. You'd have to seek out locally produced foods to actually get any.

zengirl said:

Because the shop where I buy food is below my apartment. It's run by a couple: she works in the shop, and he works in their field/orchards/greenhouses. Basically it's fresh produce that doesn't come in packages. My butcher is similar, being that his parents run the farm and he sells the meat/poultry/eggs.

The things that I buy that aren't locally produced come in packages/cans/sealed bags etc.

Insomniac said:
Because the shop where I buy food is below my apartment. It's run by a couple: she works in the shop, and he works in their field/orchards/greenhouses. Basically it's fresh produce that doesn't come in packages. My butcher is similar, being that his parents run the farm and he sells the meat/poultry/eggs.

The things that I buy that aren't locally produced come in packages/cans/sealed bags etc.
Wow, it would really be great to be able to find stuff like that around here. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. I'm still hard pressed to even find an organic grocery store, much less any local producers.

You've got a very fortunate set up there, I'm jealous. ;)

zengirl said:
Wow, it would really be great to be able to find stuff like that around here. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. I'm still hard pressed to even find an organic grocery store, much less any local producers.

Eh, it's just the way things are here. Portugal's not that developed. Of course, there are supermarkets and McDonalds etc in the more urban areas, but if you shop locally, it's usually a family-run thing where the members of the family have different roles in the business. Go further away from the greater Lisbon area and people still move their produce around with a horse and cart. It's not 'quaint', it's just the way things are done.

you can tell the algorithm for this thing was made by a women, if it were done correctly most women would need 20000000 planets each, just for their shoes

elpmis said:
you can tell the algorithm for this thing was made by a women, if it were done correctly most women would need 20000000 planets each, just for their shoes

Hey, I own less than 10 pairs of shoes and only wear 3 on a regular basis.

elpmis said:

women

zengirl said:

Really? There's tons of places around Boston to get all that kinds of stuff

But then again, it's like one of the hippie capitals of the world here.

ChikkenNoodul said:
So this quiz is obviously designed by a useless hippie, I filled it out like a starving Ethernopian eating dirt and I got 1 planet.

I filled it out once for me living in Europe, and got 2.1. Then I filled it out with the same answers for me living in the States and I got 3.5.

ChikkenNoodul said:
So this quiz is obviously designed by a useless hippie, I filled it out like a starving Ethernopian eating dirt and I got 1 planet.

As a prepubescent orphaned Ethopian I would use .5 hectares. Fricken commies.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Really? There's tons of places around Boston to get all that kinds of stuff

But then again, it's like one of the hippie capitals of the world here.
I have yet to find anything. There's a hippie store nearby where we buy ostrich filets, but the stuff on the shelves looks like it's been there for years and there's no produce. When I lived like 40 miles southwest of where I am now, there was a great organic grocery store, where everything in teh store was organic. I need to find something closer than that.

I did it as if I lived in Kenya, had 7 people in a 20 square meter house, no electricity, no car use, vegan, etc.

It said I would need 1.0 planets.

Of course, none of us are surprised that the test is fundamentally flawed for their own biased purposes.