Interesting story on some false information about Columbine

My question still stands though, a gangster bursts into your house, whats the chances you get to your gun? Plus if you pull a gun out, wouldn't that just encourage somebody to use their own gun, whereas if you're not a threat they'll just rob you instead. Property is property, your life is important.

We need ahem want an automatic rifle. :drool:

So much fun to shoot.
People who buy functional automatics usually take out a second mortgage on their house to buy them. Going price of an M16 is $30k cash. Problem is the manufacture of NEW automatics was banned in 1986 so you can only buy ones that were registered before then.

My question still stands though, a gangster bursts into your house, whats the chances you get to your gun? Plus if you pull a gun out, wouldn't that just encourage somebody to use their own gun, whereas if you're not a threat they'll just rob you instead. Property is property, your life is important.

One I'm not speaking of them busting through the door at 5pm while I'm watching the Simpsons. I'm speaking of them coming in during the night. And that gives me plenty of time. There has been multiple times in the past month in Tampa that someone has done a home invasion only to be greeted by something they didn't expect thus protecting the home owner. And most of these home invasions here never end in just taking property they usually end in rape or death. I will take any actions required to protect myself and anyone in my house.

One I'm not speaking of them busting through the door at 5pm while I'm watching the Simpsons. I'm speaking of them coming in during the night. And that gives me plenty of time. There has been multiple times in the past month in Tampa that someone has done a home invasion only to be greeted by something they didn't expect thus protecting the home owner. And most of these home invasions here never end in just taking property they usually end in rape or death. I will take any actions required to protect myself and anyone in my house.

Sucks to live near you.

Most home robbers never have anything but a crowbar and a large sack, and they usually wait for the patrons of the home to leave before they start the robbery meaning even if you did have a gun, chances are you won't when you get back.

Most armed robberies happen either in a car jacking, or at a commercial property such as a bank or convenience store, not in the home.

What I'm trying to say is that the actual chance of needing to use a firearm against someone in your house is slim to nil.

We just finished our concealed weapons class on Sunday. So we have the basic training on how to handle the situations. We know of our cover spots, have a safe room and understand some of the laws behind protecting castle and self.

I feel more safe in our house now. Especially when Zac is out of town.

It's not a joke like neener we have a gun, it's serious bidness where training and practice is involved. If a robber has a gun you better believe he is going to try and pull it out first, fortunately he will probably be dead when entering our house.

You can build one for much cheaper. There is one piece that it regulated... My memory is bad tho.

Yes, and having the parts for making a semi automatic fully automatic is called "constructive intent" and worth 10 years in federal prison :p *cough*dont post about it*cough*

Most home robbers never have anything but a crowbar and a large sack, and they usually wait for the patrons of the home to leave before they start the robbery meaning even if you did have a gun, chances are you won't when you get back.

Most armed robberies happen either in a car jacking, or at a commercial property such as a bank or convenience store, not in the home.

What I'm trying to say is that the actual chance of needing to use a firearm against someone in your house is slim to nil.

Definately need a huge arsenal in your home then. But for real I'd hate to live in fear of some guy breaking into my house with a gun, I occasionally get a bit paranoid because my front door is open and anybody could walk in, but then I remember I have some really nice chefs knives so it doesn't really matter. That and if somebody has a gun they're either gonna kill you or not, life isn't a hollywood movie, you're not gonna barrel roll across your hall shooting him as you go. Most likely you try something you're dead.

You're right, it's not the movies. If someone breaks into our home and I fear our lives I am glad to have some training to kill him before he could get to us.

It's a pretty simple equation.

If if wasn't for American's and their guns I would have been drinking English Tea and having a bland English breakfast this morning. Thank god for guns cause I hate tea.