Interesting story on some false information about Columbine

But if you're allowed guns, then people can easily access them to steal etc. Doesn't matter if people have them illegally, the population being allowed to have them legally is also a problem. I wouldn't have the first idea about where to get a gun, only time I've ever seen one was in France.

PS Don't condescend me about populations when I said per head. Use your eyes, then comprehend with your brain.

But if you're allowed guns, then people can easily access them to steal etc. Doesn't matter if people have them illegally, the population being allowed to have them legally is also a problem. I wouldn't have the first idea about where to get a gun, only time I've ever seen one was in France.

PS Don't condescend me about populations when I said per head. Use your eyes, then comprehend with your brain.
What's per head mean :p No seriously I dont understand your expressions sometimes. When I dont understand I skip >.>

This thread isnt even really about guns because let's face it, they arent even a big part of the columbine thing. It's more about the facts as relayed by the news media. Not a discussion about gun control.

Also, all I could find was Home Office Violent Crime Overview, 2004-2005

"There were 10,964 recorded crimes involving firearms other than air weapons. This is a six percent increase over 2003/04, and a 60 per cent increase in the five years since 1999/00."

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/hosb0206.pdf

Last edited:
What cop out! You always say like "Im sat here etting my minty peez."

Lotta catching up to do. I mean, some years you guys have less than 1000 murders, in the entire country. We have at least 100 or so before the end of summer just in my city.

Last edited:
Arguing with you is similar to doing the same thing over and over and never learning to stop.

Wut? You are anti-gun? Gosh I need to remember you are only 19 and not around 30 like the rest of us. Still soo young in thought. :hs:

(running away now before I get bitten)

Wut? You are anti-gun? Gosh I need to remember you are only 19 and not around 30 like the rest of us. Still soo young in thought. :hs:

(running away now before I get bitten)

Age has nothing to do with views on guns April. I happen to have spent my entire life in a country where you don't have guns, hence why I don't understand gun culture or anything about it and am pretty damned opposed to guns. In my mind guns are just a weapon to kill, maim and hurt other people, nothing else. In your country you might use them recreationally or for hunting (god knows why seeing as you have enough food) but we don't do that.

But yeah, it's totally age related, not cultural. That's like saying my view that healthcare being paid for by the government etc. is a great thing is immature. England has no guns (except farmers with the odd shotgun) therefore we don't like guns. Is that so hard to understand?

We got it from england >.>

"That the subjects which are Protestants may have arms for their defence suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law"

1689 Bill of Rights

Im not 30 o_O
I didn't say YOU were 30. :eek:

Age has nothing to do with views on guns April. I happen to have spent my entire life in a country where you don't have guns, hence why I don't understand gun culture or anything about it and am pretty damned opposed to guns. In my mind guns are just a weapon to kill, maim and hurt other people, nothing else. In your country you might use them recreationally or for hunting (god knows why seeing as you have enough food) but we don't do that.

But yeah, it's totally age related, not cultural. That's like saying my view that healthcare being paid for by the government etc. is a great thing is immature. England has no guns (except farmers with the odd shotgun) therefore we don't like guns. Is that so hard to understand?

I'm not going to argue with a wall.

You sure have been uber argumentative this past weekish. :heart:

All I'm saying is that age is irrelevant, my dad is against guns, my granny is against guns, nobody I know would want one. It's cultural, you have guns, we just don't. Same as in some countries opium and/or weed is legal, doesn't mean other people would want that.

All I'm saying is that age is irrelevant, my dad is against guns, my granny is against guns, nobody I know would want one. It's cultural, you have guns, we just don't. Same as in some countries opium and/or weed is legal, doesn't mean other people would want that.

Understandable.

I'm from the mindset that guns are a means to protect the castle because quite frankly you can never get guns out of the hands of bad people. The more restraint you put on them the farther underground they go.

Fight fire with fire.