Interesting story on some false information about Columbine

I said animals too, and I never said humans only, I just said kill.

And no, I can't stand the thought of guns near me and not because I don't trust myself. The only time I was close to one I felt like I was gonna be sick. The bigger picture of guns just makes me sick to the stomach. For real.

You're not a total vegetarian, correct?

How is hunting any less humane than a slaughterhouse?

Is a bow and arrow okay?

Would it be okay to hunt with your bare hands? A sling? Grenade?

Florida statue 776.013

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person's will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

OK, there it is.. Wow.. Completely stupid if you ask me. No one should have the right to kill someone for stealing there DVD player.

Guns were created to kill, yes. They were conceived of as weapons. Knives were conceived of either as a weapon or as something to dismember what was previously killed. Scientists aren't exactly sure about that one. It's difficult to ascertain the purpose of a jagged piece of stone or flint. Sticks and rocks were maybe the first implemented weapons, not counting body parts, though none of those were created, of course.

The point is, regardless how something was conceived it has numerous uses. Guns are vital for hunting food for many people. The technology also spawned such things as flare guns, which are vital for safety and survival for many more people. The concept has spawned everything from airbags to space exploration vehicles. Rocket propulsion was born from the physics involved. So you see, guns don't just kill people, they facilitate the killing of aliens, too.

I get it now. I don't mind guns now, now that they protect us from alien invasion. Wait a minute.....didn't guns fail in independance day AND mars attack?

You are living in a bubble then because people around you have guns and you don't even know it. :heart:

You're right. I am my own Truman Show.

OK, there it is.. Wow.. Completely stupid if you ask me. No one should have the right to kill someone for stealing there DVD player.

They should. Not because of the value or importance of a DVD player, but because of the complete unpredictability of other people, and the fact that the person has broken into your only sanctuary. If you can't defend your home, what's the point of being alive?

Yes.

Remember that many people think that trespassing and forced entry are perfectly fine ways to carry about their lives.

Hence the anger over people thinking it's okay to shoot at trespassers.

And what if the event would have occurred and there was a utility worker present at the site.

It's not about a fucking DVD player. It's about a stranger breaking in while you are home and you fear for your life.

It's the 2nd amendment, our RIGHT to protect ourselves.

You may call it stupid, But I say you are misinformed.

You're not a total vegetarian, correct?

How is hunting any less humane than a slaughterhouse?

Is a bow and arrow okay?

Would it be okay to hunt with your bare hands? A sling? Grenade?

Are you that hungry that you need to hunt? I didn't know there was a huge famine in your country. And hunting is for necessity, and a lot of indigenous people don't use guns as a method to hunt.

Are you fucking serious?

Yessum.

Are you afraid of nail guns? Those things used in carpentry?

After seeing that news story years ago about that guy who managed to fire like 5 nails into his head and not die, I got over that fear.