Interesting story on some false information about Columbine

*shrug* I personally don't think you can be 'violent' against an inatimate and meaningless object. Do you hurt a car if you kick it?

Violence doesn't have to involve a neural response or the triggering of pain. It simply implies a forceful action.

Also, :lol:

I went to copy/paste the definition and got the following response from dictionary.com

No results for Violent.
Did you mean Violent?

So you think it's fine for random people you don't know to come in to your house and wander around for a while?

Perhaps make themselves some toast?

Leer at your children whilst buttering said toast?

Wow.. great logic you have there... So because I don't think people should be killed for trespassing, that ultimately means I think everyone has the right to enter anyone else's property unlawfully.. yep, well done..

They should. Not because of the value or importance of a DVD player, but because of the complete unpredictability of other people, and the fact that the person has broken into your only sanctuary. If you can't defend your home, what's the point of being alive?

That's absolutely ridiculous! If you can't identify a threat, then you should have a gun in the first place.. Killing people over DVD players? How fucking absurd!

Are you that hungry that you need to hunt? I didn't know there was a huge famine in your country. And hunting is for necessity, and a lot of indigenous people don't use guns as a method to hunt.
Personally, no. I don't have the time.

But locally grown meat is greener than factory farm meat from accross the country, or accross the globe. Hunting your own land is greenest of all.

After seeing that news story years ago about that guy who managed to fire like 5 nails into his head and not die, I got over that fear.
You do realize *cough* that the differences between that and......ah man nevermind :lol:

It's not about a fucking DVD player. It's about a stranger breaking in while you are home and you fear for your life.

It's the 2nd amendment, our RIGHT to protect ourselves.

You may call it stupid, But I say you are misinformed.

Yes, protect yourself doesn't ultimately mean you have to kill someone.. You can confront them with you weapon, and if they move to attack, then you kill them. Else they either leave, or stay there at gun point until the cops get there.. If you are a scared paranoid individual, you shouldn't have a gun at all..

Violence doesn't have to involve a neural response or the triggering of pain. It simply implies a forceful action.

Also, :lol:

I went to copy/paste the definition and got the following response from dictionary.com

No results for Violent.
Did you mean Violent?

I guess if you wanted to understand my point of view you should read up on anarcho-syndaclism and then you'll get what I mean about not being able to harm property.

*cough* that the differences between that and......ah man nevermind :lol:

I was making a joke :p

Yes, protect yourself doesn't ultimately mean you have to kill someone.. You can confront them with you weapon, and if they move to attack, then you kill them. Else they either leave, or stay there at gun point until the cops get there.. If you are a scared paranoid individual, you shouldn't have a gun at all..

I agree with you on that but oddly enough most of the laws allow you to kill them but you can be held accountable if you hold them against their will. I know it sounds stupid but its true.