if you could move anywhere.. where would you go?

If I didn't have to worry about finding work in IT I would move to Brevard, NC. Really nice lake front and wooded properties, small town atmosphere, scenic blue ridge parkway through the smokie mountains, and bluegrass so good it'll make you wanna bust out your moonshine jug.

Bubbles said:
I love Brevard. I applied to the college of music there when I first got out of high school. I have friends that live on Cedar Mountain and they own a store where they build custom banjos, fiddles, and other stuff.

http://www.celestialmtnmusic.com/index.html

:cool:

band.jpg

b_sinning said:
I'm going to go live in the place in w_a_w's pictures.

I've been to both places and they're jaw droppingly beautiful
my younger brother lived in that area of spain for 4 years...moved back about 2 months ago

realistically I would consider Houston or most of California. I may even consider New York, but I would have to visit it first. I still have a plan to live in Tokyo for a few years at least but I dont see that happening unless I marry someone from that area originally, or the job somehow gets an opening there that I can do. Both are rather long shots at the moment. Its not stopping me from preparing for either to occur however.

KNYTE said:
Rural Utah. I'm not kidding.

The only thing I ever liked about Utah was Lake Powell. It's one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places I've ever been.

I want to live in the pacific northwest somewhere like Oregon. I'd like to try living in a big city like New York or LA. Anywhere coastal is good with me. I prefer warm to cold, but it seems to me that all the friendly people in this country live in colder areas, like Minnesota.

Oh and I love Seattle. I'd like to live there too. It rained 9 months out of the year on the coast of Norway where I grew up, and I really actually miss that. Seattle has almost the same weather.

FlyNavy said:
Actually I have a very specific reason for wanting to spend ten weeks there. :p Why would it suck to live there, though?

Cost of living
dirty
crappy health care
definitely don't want to be with someone afraid of bugs or arachnophobic there.

Great to visit, but don't live there.

Coqui said:
Cost of living
dirty
crappy health care
definitely don't want to be with someone afraid of bugs or arachnophobic there.

Great to visit, but don't live there.
if I go there for the reason I want to go there:

Cost of living: covered by Uncle Sam
dirty: I'm sure MCB Kaneohe Bay is swept once in a while :p
crappy health care: again, Uncle Sam will provide plus I know a number of health care professionals that I met at a conference last year
definitely don't want to be with someone afraid of bugs or arachnophobic there: I'm not a fan of either but hey at least I won't have to worry about snakes! :D

yeah, I doubt I'll live there. if I do it'll probably be for a few short months. I don't like staying in once place too long and as much as I love being on the beach I would miss being close to a major city. even if I lived out in the boonies of Illinois or something I'd still be able to hit up Chicago once in a while

FlyNavy said:
if I go there for the reason I want to go there:

Cost of living: covered by Uncle Sam
dirty: I'm sure MCB Kaneohe Bay is swept once in a while :p
crappy health care: again, Uncle Sam will provide plus I know a number of health care professionals that I met at a conference last year
definitely don't want to be with someone afraid of bugs or arachnophobic there: I'm not a fan of either but hey at least I won't have to worry about snakes! :D

yeah, I doubt I'll live there. if I do it'll probably be for a few short months. I don't like staying in once place too long and as much as I love being on the beach I would miss being close to a major city. even if I lived out in the boonies of Illinois or something I'd still be able to hit up Chicago once in a while

Had I been there another month, Uncle Sam's healthcare would have made me deaf, my brother blind, and my mother dead. Just an FYI ;)

Coqui said:
Had I been there another month, Uncle Sam's healthcare would have made me deaf, my brother blind, and my mother dead. Just an FYI ;)

that sounds like a hell of a deal!

FlyNavy said:

In the span of 1 year, I have 50 ear infections. The doctors kept just giving me drops and setting me on my way. They eventually decided to stop treating me saying that my mom was overreacting. Within the first month of moving to Arizona, the doctors there diagnosed and fixed the problem. To this day, I have issues hearing things directly in front of me (although it seemed to heighten my peripheral hearing)

My brother was also neglected for the most part and due to improper corrections, he is now currently 20/400 in both eyes.

My mom went in to the hospitol with stomach pains. They weren't able to treat her. She now is forced to take pills for her G/I issues for the rest of her life (here's where the insect part comes into play) when she woke up from an operation (I forget what they removed) she groggily saw a black shape on top of the feeding (or breathing - she says feeding but that doesn't make sense) tube going directly into her mouth. When it was close enough, she was able to tell it was a 6 + inch cockroach crawling down the tube.